Long Confessions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous6
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous6

Guest
Hi, I am conflicted. I would like to make a long confession later, but given that there is only 30 minutes available for penitents to get a confession, would it be selfish for me to do so?
It is likely possible for me to ask the priest to hear my confession separately, but I am shy so I really don’t want do so.
 
If you’d not like to see your parish priest maybe schedule a meeting at a neighboring parish. Or perhaps you could attend a service where everyone is going to Confession and the time hearing Confessions is much greater and there are many more priests. No matter what you do, just go to Confession, you will not regret it. 🙂
 
If you’d not like to see your parish priest maybe schedule a meeting at a neighboring parish.
Great advice! If it is going to take some time, then yes, make an appointment so the priest has the time set aside for you and importantly you will not feel rushed, and as a result stumble or make a mistake during confession.

If the usual confession is only 30 mins, and if there are usually other people who turn up to receive the sacrament, then yes it would be selfish to take up all the time and prevent someone else makng their confession.

Make an appointment. Offer up your shyness, embarrassment to God as part of your reparation for the offenses committed against Him.
 
Make an appointment with a priest. Tell him that the confession may last a long while.
 
Don’t we all want to be like Adam & Eve, hide our sins. I’m guilty too, but can’t help but think why do I fear a priest face to face more than I do God? All we are doing is repeating what God already knows. I guess we all want a fig leaf to hide behind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top