Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo

  • Thread starter Thread starter traillius
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

traillius

Guest
Have you seen this show. Here are my thoughts.
Sometimes she seems to say things she couldn’t have known. So is she sincere, or a scammer? And if its the former, how does she get the info? God wouldn’t give her this knowledge, I think, since he made that a bad thing in both the new and old testaments.And if its not from God, why do the spirits deliver messages that apparently provide hope?

Edit: My wife is watching the show on reruns, and theresa just said that some lady’s daughter soul was reincarnated into the lady’s granddaughter. creepy, false, and against the teaching of the church Theresa claims to follow, the RCC.
 
Any Catholic has no reason to watch mediums on tv or consult them. The occult is serious business and demonic. Watching it as a joke or thinking it is funny is not in your spiritual interests. Women of Grace have a lot of resources concerning the occult and I would suggest you go to that web site to find their extensive resources about the occult and mediums and all the rest. You should put watching this stuff in the same category as pornography, it is to be avoided at all costs.
 
I agree, but my wife watches it anyway. She knows church teaching, but still watches. I am not her master. All I can do is reiterate Church Teaching, which is what I do. The rest is her choice. I will pray for her, without telling her, to stop watching it. That is the best I can do.
 
I’ve seen Theresa Caputo and her husband at the Saturday vigil mass several times. She and her husband also receive Holy Communion.

I’m sure the priest know who she is and what she does.

I have a somewhat hard time reconciling the fact that the priest have no qualms about what she does… as she misleads thousands of watchers yet she receives communion.
 
I agree, but my wife watches it anyway. She knows church teaching, but still watches. I am not her master. All I can do is reiterate Church Teaching, which is what I do. The rest is her choice. I will pray for her, without telling her, to stop watching it. That is the best I can do.
I believe you have the right to order her not to watch something that is not good for her soul. It could b considered your duty as a good husband. If she does not obey you, you know at least the respect in which she holds you. I expect a ton of bricks to fall on me from other posters but so be it.
 
You should continue to encourage her to avoid watching these types of shows. I think it would be better to give solid reasons (catechism, Women of Grace info, etc) rather than to demand that she stops. These shows are a bunch of lies and deceptions preying on people who mourn their deceased loved ones. At best it is a fraud and at worst it is a demonic display. Pray for your dear wife and also pray for Theresa Caputo.
I know how hard it is to convince people who find this junk fascinating because I have had very little success in steering friends away from it. They find it all so fascinating
 
Have you seen this show. Here are my thoughts.
Sometimes she seems to say things she couldn’t have known. So is she sincere, or a scammer? And if its the former, how does she get the info? God wouldn’t give her this knowledge, I think, since he made that a bad thing in both the new and old testaments.And if its not from God, why do the spirits deliver messages that apparently provide hope?

Edit: My wife is watching the show on reruns, and theresa just said that some lady’s daughter soul was reincarnated into the lady’s granddaughter. creepy, false, and against the teaching of the church Theresa claims to follow, the RCC.
They don’t provide real hope. They provide confusion and a false assurance that everyone “is okay” after they die. Feeds in to complacency. Not to judge anyone’s specific soul, but can we really think that every average person is a saint? And on this show (which I have unfortunately seen because my mother loves it, despite my protests ugh) the “spirits” always say sketchy things, really, the ONE message you want to tell your family member is that you’re “with them”? Really! Nothing about God. Nothing about changing your life. Even NDEs, which I am still a bit skeptical about, are more realistic than that. And oh, there’s a hat in your drawer. That’s how you know I’m “real”! Take good care of it for me will ya… They all seem to have a similar personality, too… just like the woman.

She is either making it up or it is demonic. And she is using it to emotionally manipulate people and lead them into confusion. There is nothing good or hopeful about this show.
 
I’ve seen Theresa Caputo and her husband at the Saturday vigil mass several times. She and her husband also receive Holy Communion.

I’m sure the priest know who she is and what she does.

I have a somewhat hard time reconciling the fact that the priest have no qualms about what she does… as she misleads thousands of watchers yet she receives communion.
Has anyone in the parish confronted her or the priest
about the possible problems with this?
 
I think ALL the co called mediums on TV are fake, the answers they provide could come from a number of sources, and I believe the whole thing is scripted, like everything else on TV, its sad that so many people fall for it. She is still able to attend mass and receive communion because she is not truly a medium, she is an entertainer, nothing more, nothing less.

BUT, there are some REAL mediums out there, I know of one online that does readings for people and does not ask for money, it is amazing all that she knows, I have asked her something in the past and she was dead right, all I did was send her the question in an email. Ive also read many of her other readings, most people ask her about aliens, UFOs, and odd things that go on here on earth, she has been right about everything Ive seen her predict, however none of it is inherently evil or good, its all basically neutral.

I think its strange some people, like the above, seem to be given a gift, I know of no one else that can do this, I know I cant…but if the evil spirits truly wanted to corrupt as many people as possible, why wouldnt there be more mediums and people with psychic powers?
 
I’ve seen Theresa Caputo and her husband at the Saturday vigil mass several times. She and her husband also receive Holy Communion.

I’m sure the priest know who she is and what she does.

I have a somewhat hard time reconciling the fact that the priest have no qualms about what she does… as she misleads thousands of watchers yet she receives communion.
Here is my take: I do believe there are people who can act as mediums and that are psychic. I have no choice as my paternal grandmother was psychic, as is my father, my sister and even myself on occasion.

Now this does not mean I go around telling people their future. This is wrong. I mean I can dream about a plane crashing and then it will happen a month later, or my grandmother often dreamed about someone dying, how they would die, where and when–and this would happen. My father does the same thing.

I don’t think these events are sinful in nature. I think the sin comes in when we misuse this ability to confuse others, or to take on an attitude of power and ability we don’t have. (Fortune tellers.) Perhaps Caputo’s priest is making a pastoral decision that amounts to believing she means no harm, and that she does have some sort of spiritual gift.

What about Cure’ d’Ares or Padre Pio knowing peoples sins even before they confessed? What about bi-location in Padre Pio’s case? Levitation? (Often thought to be magic or of the dark arts.) How do we explain all of this, or can we?

I am not too worried about Theresa Caputo.
 
Wow. She is clearly receiving the Eucharist unworthily!

As to any reality show, a lot of what goes on is staged and fake. I know a friend of a friend who knows what goes on with that storage space auctioning show. The producers put in valuable stuff in the storage space in order to make the show interesting. That’s 1 example. All reality shows are fake.
 
I don’t believe in psychics personally, but I’m also equally uncomfortable and unwilling to say a person is receiving unworthily.
It’s a pastoral decision and I’m not her pastor.
I’m sure if anyone asked him, he’s say it was one of their business.
I think most of the people that seek her out are those can’t cope. Their grief has consumed them. So people tell them their loved ones are OK…that they are standing beside them…Cruel? Delusional? Compassionate? Lies? I guess so. Misguided at the VERY least.

I don’t buy into it. Sounds like something a Catholic shouldn’t be involved in.
If I knew her personally, I’d ask her. But I don’t.
 
I believe you have the right to order her not to watch something that is not good for her soul. It could b considered your duty as a good husband. If she does not obey you, you know at least the respect in which she holds you. I expect a ton of bricks to fall on me from other posters but so be it.
Consider a ton of bricks duly delivered 🤷
 
Here is my take: I do believe there are people who can act as mediums and that are psychic. I have no choice as my paternal grandmother was psychic, as is my father, my sister and even myself on occasion.

Now this does not mean I go around telling people their future. This is wrong. I mean I can dream about a plane crashing and then it will happen a month later, or my grandmother often dreamed about someone dying, how they would die, where and when–and this would happen. My father does the same thing.

I don’t think these events are sinful in nature. I think the sin comes in when we misuse this ability to confuse others, or to take on an attitude of power and ability we don’t have. (Fortune tellers.) Perhaps Caputo’s priest is making a pastoral decision that amounts to believing she means no harm, and that she does have some sort of spiritual gift.

What about Cure’ d’Ares or Padre Pio knowing peoples sins even before they confessed? What about bi-location in Padre Pio’s case? Levitation? (Often thought to be magic or of the dark arts.) How do we explain all of this, or can we?

I am not too worried about Theresa Caputo.
I agree. I’ve been told things by psychics that they’d have no way of knowing. I don’t structure my life around running to one every time there is a decision to be made. I think some people have gifts and if they’re used for good then there isn’t a problem.

I also relate the gift with that of Simon, the elderly man who met the Holy Family at the temple and the widowed lady who did the same. Both told things to Mary and Joseph about Jesus and the future. I’d say Simon was psychic. And he didn’t hesitate telling Mary that a sword would pierce her heart. I would not have wanted to have heard that.
 
Here is my take: I do believe there are people who can act as mediums and that are psychic. I have no choice as my paternal grandmother was psychic, as is my father, my sister and even myself on occasion.

Now this does not mean I go around telling people their future. This is wrong. I mean I can dream about a plane crashing and then it will happen a month later, or my grandmother often dreamed about someone dying, how they would die, where and when–and this would happen. My father does the same thing.

i don’t know if you are familiar with this teaching-- and understanding

The Mystery of Prophets & Psychics - John Paul Jackson

youtu.be/nb1u1ju0ROU

When asked, most Christians would say they believe the Bible.

But when probed further, and asked specifically about the wild, supernatural events that took place throughout the Old and New Testaments—those things—can they be taken literally.

That’s usually when the words symbolism, or allegory, or metaphorical get thrown around to avoid having to actually say ‘that’s too strange to be true.’

Did the Red Sea really part to allow the Jews to escape the Egyptians?

Did one angel really strike down armies of men?

Did Jesus really walk on water, turn water into wine, be born of a virgin, feed 5000 with a just few baskets of food…did those things really happen?

Or were they just metaphors?

Backed into a corner with the reality that the Bible actually says these things happened, some Christians prefer to draw a line in the sand and say that was then, in Bible times, and this is now.

Today things are different. We live in a different world.

God doesn’t need to use supernatural exploits to accomplish His plan—it’s already been accomplished.
Jesus put an end to all of that craziness

. God no longer needs to speak to us through a dream we have at night, or show us things in a vision, or send angels to help us, protect us, or deliver important instructions. Those things ended long ago.

And it’s a good thing too, because those things are messy and hard to explain. Mysteries are for Hollywood.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top