looking for a bible

  • Thread starter Thread starter etaylor
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

etaylor

Guest
I don’t know where to put this ? in the threads, :confused:but this looks like a good place!

I am looking for a New American Bible (Catholic Version) in a compact form. Like the Slimline Version published by Thomas Nelson. I cannot find any in the NAB. I have looked at local bookstore and online.
🤷
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
 
It looks like you are not the only one with this problem:
catholicbibles.blogspot.com/2010/07/thinline-bibles.html

I also lament that many popular Bible formats (study editions, interlinear, etc) are not adequately available in Catholic editions. I guess there isn’t enough demand. Though one would think demand for a slimline edition would be universal enough. The closest I had was a compact NAB that I managed to fit in a field jacket pocket. It was still thick, however.
 
I’m in the same boat. I ended getting the Ignatius New Testament with the Psalms for travel. I would like a thinline Catholic Bible though.

RSV New Testament and Psalms Pocket.
This might be of interest.

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/...ible+with+the+Apocrypha+(Bonded+Leather,+Navy

I bought one from my local Catholic church supplies shop a while ago.

Another interesting alternative might be this compact Douay-Rheims, or it’s equivalent NT-Psalms.

baroniuspress.com/book.php?wid=56&bid=7

baroniuspress.com/book.php?wid=56&bid=10

Both are beautiful and quite small, though easily readable. All of the above have sewn bindings, and should be very durable.

Peace.
 
Thanks melbanglican for the Harper Collins reference. That one wasn’t a Catholic edition but linked directly to a Catholic Edition Thinline NRSV. 😃

I understand some don’t care for the NRSV due to its use of gender-neutral terms but it’s the first Catholic-specific thinline I’ve seen.
 
I don’t know where to put this ? in the threads, :confused:but this looks like a good place!

I am looking for a New American Bible (Catholic Version) in a compact form. Like the Slimline Version published by Thomas Nelson. I cannot find any in the NAB. I have looked at local bookstore and online.
🤷
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
I know of at least one compact NAB. It is called the St. Joseph Personal Size Edition of the NABRE, and is from the Catholic Book Publishing Company.

For more details (and to order one) visit this Amazon Link.
 
I’m in the same boat. I ended getting the Ignatius New Testament with the Psalms for travel. I would like a thinline Catholic Bible though.

RSV New Testament and Psalms Pocket.
The compact Catholic version of the RSV I use it a lot when traveling is the one published by New Oxford. Whereas the Ignatius Press version that you currently use is the NT and Psalms, the New Oxford is the entire Bible. This compact New Oxford RSV is about an inch wider, and about half an inch thicker, than the Ignatius compact RSV. For more details, visit this link:

New Oxford RSV Catholic Version
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top