Looking for a good read by catholic apologist,any ideas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter godsent
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

godsent

Guest
I just want a good read defending catholicism,biblical passages etc,ive already read"a biblical defense of catholicism" by dave armstrong and i am just looking for a nother good read similar to that.
 
I’m sure there are Christian bookstores you can source this from, but at least the Amazon link lets you look inside the book for a sample of its contents.

Fundamentalism and Catholicism by Catholic.com’s own Karl Keating, a very good read.

amazon.com/Catholicism-Fundamentalism-Attack-Romanism-Christians/dp/0898701775

Also, while not in book form, the apologetics of John Martignoni are hard to beat. In fact, he’s my favorite apologist because he doesn’t rely on oral tradition or the writings of the Church Fathers to bolster his position, but scripture instead, just like the fundamentalists do! Check out his free audio downloads and booklets.

biblechristiansociety.com/index.php
 
I just want a good read defending catholicism,biblical passages etc,ive already read"a biblical defense of catholicism" by dave armstrong and i am just looking for a nother good read similar to that.
One fun and well documented easy read is Jeff Cavin’s book, I’m Not Being Fed, Discovering the Food that Satisfies the Soul, Ascension Press, 2005. A second option is Four Witnesses, The Early Church in Her Own Words, by Rod Bennett, Ignatius Press, 2002 on four of the Early Church Fathers, and finally the primer on Apologetics seems to be Karl Keating’s Catholicism and Fundamentalism, The Attack on Romanism by Bible Christians, also Ignatus Press, 1988. All are easy, inspiring reads.

Peace To All
 
I just want a good read defending catholicism,biblical passages etc,ive already read"a biblical defense of catholicism" by dave armstrong and i am just looking for a nother good read similar to that.
Robert Sungenis’ books “Not by faith alone” and “Not by Scripture alone” both are thick books and may take some time to read but they are very thorough and indepth.
amazon.com/Not-Scripture-Alone-Protestant-Scriptura/dp/1579180558

amazon.com/Not-Faith-Alone-Biblical-Justification/dp/1579180086

David Currie “Born Fundamentalist, born again Catholic” is a great read also.
His book “Rapture” (a refutation of the rapture) is a great read if you want to know more about eschatology (end times) but it is a large book also.
catholicfreeshipping.com/Products/cfs_raendtierthl.html

catholicfreeshipping.com/Products/cfs_gensym-38.html

Jimmy Akin “The Salvation controversy” is probably the easier and smaller read and is full of helpful incites on justification.
catholic.com/media/akin.asp

Hope that helps. 🙂
 
I just started reading “The Catholic Controversy,” by St. Francis de Sales. This is a collection of pamphlets he wrote and slipped under doors of Calvinists in the Chablais, a heavily Calvinist region in France in the 16th century. He wrote them at the tender age of 27, and only a year since his ordination, but they are a true refutation of Calvinist theology. In the span of three years, he reportedly converted 72,000 people back to the Church. This is a very solid work that I’d recommend, especially to counter Calvinistic theology.

amazon.com/Catholic-Controversy-Francis-Sales-Defense/dp/0895553872/sr=8-1/qid=1170786766/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-0608541-8430218?ie=UTF8&s=books
 
I just want a good read defending catholicism,biblical passages etc,ive already read"a biblical defense of catholicism" by dave armstrong and i am just looking for a nother good read similar to that.
Any of Patrick Madrid’s books, or Upon This Rock by Stephen Ray.
 
95 Bible Passages That Confound Protestants
DAVE ARMSTRONG

I was thinking about that book,has anyone read this?
 
I purchased This is the Faith by, Canon Francis Ripley, after I read some of my aunt’s copy which she recieved from a priest. It it is an excellent book and I find it very easy to read.
 
95 Bible Passages That Confound Protestants
DAVE ARMSTRONG

I was thinking about that book,has anyone read this?
I’ve read it (and own it). It’s good, but very much in the style of A Biblical Defense of Catholicism. I’d say to read at least a few other books before reading it, or it might feel like too much of a rehash of the book you just read.

Jeremy
 
I just want a good read defending catholicism,biblical passages etc,ive already read"a biblical defense of catholicism" by dave armstrong and i am just looking for a nother good read similar to that.
When I started looking into the church a few years back I set up a meeting with my priest and he gave me the book called Rome Sweet Home by Scott and Kimberly Hahn. It brought me to the church and I recommend it to all my protastant friends. Scott was a Presbyterian minister and very anti-Catholic, and its his story on how he found out that Rome is where he really belonged.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top