Looking For A Good Rosary CD

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lormar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lormar

Guest
I am looking for a CD to pray the Rosary. I would prefer something traditional.

If you have any good suggestions, please let me know. Thank you. 🙂
 
I like the Scriptural Rosary MP3 files you can download from the Rosary Army website.

Get them here: rosaryarmy.newevangelizers.com/prayers/free-rosary-mp3/

The come down as an MP3 file, you can use Windows to convert them to a regular CD format so you can play them in your car CD player, or any CD player. A lot of the newer CD players will play MP3 files.
 
I use the Mother Angelica one from EWTN, but I do also like the one Fr. Groeschel did as well (the Rosary is a place).
 
This one has good spoken meditations (about 3 min for each decade) along with spoken prayers:
eagleeyeministries.org/support-eem/shop-eem#!/Contemplating-His-Face-2-CDs/p/23952955/category=5654775
One thing to note with this one is it combines the scourging and crowning with thorns into one mystery and has the burial of Jesus as the 5th sorrowful mystery.

This is a beautiful sung rosary with brief meditations for each decade:
donnacorigibson.com/SungMusicalRosary.html

This is not as traditional, but it has a song to meditate on for each mystery (it does not include the rosary prayers, just the meditations):
daniellerose.com/store/cds/mysteries-2-cd-set/
 
Lormar.

Here is an audio Scriptural Rosary.

This one (here) is very nice (but has pertinent Scripture verses between the Hail Mary prayers so you may not want this but I think it is great and you MAY too). Well worth the money in my opinion.

They added the Luminous Mysteries after Pope John Paul II’s ROSARIUM VIRGINIS MARIAE, and the narrator is different (but he does a good job too).

But if you are wanting the more traditional Rosary focus, you can just omit the Luminous Mysteries altogether then you won’t notice the narration/narrator change. Also uses NAB Bible translation (not Douay Rheims as you may prefer when looking for something more traditional) but for the most part, the NAB is fine too.

God bless.

Cathoholic
 
PS

One other caveat. The Hail Mary prayers have “you” instead of “thou” etc.

You mentioned “traditional” so I thought you might want to know this beforehand.
 
The Mary Foundation sends free rosary CD’s to anyone who requests them. (I love mine, but my mom thinks they say it too slowly.) They also have free mp3’s for downloading free. You can google them or go to www dot catholicity dot com.
 
The Knights of Columbus has a stand of all sorts of great reads and audio CDs on the faith in the front of some of the churches in our area. I found The Holy Rosary by Matthew Arnold from Lighthouse Catholic Media for a $3 donation. Those stands are filled with wonderful evangelization gems.

Blessings,
Tiffany
 
The Irish singer Dana does one with a Priest. That’s good.

All of the CDs are probably good.

I do think Father Groeschel really excelled in this endeavor. If I ever hear the recording of him praying, even on the radio, I listen. There is something very soothing in his style. His voice is so gentle.
 
Thank you, one and all, for your suggestions. You are all very kind. 🙂

It is getting harder for me to pray the Rosary alone. It has gotten to the point where I have to force myself to pray it every day. Our Blessed Mother deserves better. Especially from me. I thought having something to pray along with would help me.

I am going to ask Our Lady to reward each of you with a blessing and grace for your kindness.

👍👍👍
 
The Irish singer Dana does one with a Priest. That’s good.

All of the CDs are probably good.

I do think Father Groeschel really excelled in this endeavor. If I ever hear the recording of him praying, even on the radio, I listen. There is something very soothing in his style. His voice is so gentle.
I agree about the soothing voice of Fr. Groeschel, God rest his soul. I always would say to my husband “we will miss him when he is gone.” Now he is gone, and I do miss him.
 
A very big “thank you” to all who suggested the free CD from Mary Foundation. It’s perfect, and was exactly what I was looking for. It will help me immensely!

👍👍👍
 
The Irish singer Dana does one with a Priest. That’s good.

All of the CDs are probably good.

I do think Father Groeschel really excelled in this endeavor. If I ever hear the recording of him praying, even on the radio, I listen. There is something very soothing in his style. His voice is so gentle.
I love the Rosary with Dana and Fr. Kevin Scallon, CM. I have an older “Mother of Mercy: A Rosary of Healing”

You can watch/listen to Dana and Fr. Kevin Scallon, CM on YouTube as well as many other wonderful people Praying the Rosary.

I also enjoy Donna Cori Gibson and Danielle Rose’s music but I’ve never heard them Pray/sing the Rosary

You (or anyone for that matter) can receive a Free Rosary Music CD from The Holy Angels Catholic Church please click on the following link for more details:

holyangelscatholicchurch.sharepoint.com/Pages/FreeRosaryCD.aspx

^ If the following link does not work please send me a Private Message.
  • For all of you who have shared links to Rosaries I am grateful.
Our Lady of the Rosary, please Pray for us. Amen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top