Looking for a little relationship advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter phendyr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a media depiction that marriage can work on just love. It takes two stable people with good direction to make a marriage work (and usually a whole lot more).

I agree with 1ke that you cannot fix her. She must come to conversion on her own or find a place (probably down the road a ways) where she is ready for spiritual advice. Right now, she has a closed heart and will not listen to words of support.

I am sorry that you’ve gone through this and I can certainly empathize to a certain extent. Many prayers will be sent your way and I hope you can move past this unfortunate situation.

Joshua C.
👍
I totally agree.
 
I do look forward to a new chapter in my life, I am of course saddened by the loss of what we had started together. It will always be a part of me, a constant reminder that relationships require as much effort from both sides, as one puts into a career, and solid foundation in faith. Since our filing, I have had a difficult time attending church, always feeling uncomfortable being in any one place for any length of time. I’ve been to 4 different churches, and every one it seems as though I’m the only person under 40 there. It feels as though nobody my age or younger attend church anymore… a handful of younger families, but that’s about it. It just feels as though there’s really no ‘hope’ of actually meeting someone who won’t see my faith as a fault.

As sad and hard as it is don’t lose hope. I know how you feel because I used to be the “fixer”, but a couple is made of two people and you can’t change people especially when they don’t want to.
Soon you will realize it’s a good way to get to know you better. The only thing you need to focus on now is God and you. The rest will follow.

I’ll pray for you.
E.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top