3
3DOCTORS
Guest
Wondering if what I’m thinking of already exists, because I don’t want to reinvent the wheel.
I have a friend, a revert, who wants to read the Bible a lot and use it to deepen her faith and guide her daily living. That’s a good thing.
Sometimes, though, she gets hung up on certain things if a literal interpretation is not immediately obvious. I think maybe she’s influenced by the Protestant Sola Scriptura mindset.
She’s kind of an idealist - what I mean by that is, though she’s certainly intelligent, she isn’t a big reader of books like, say, yours truly!
She doesn’t want to spend a lot of time on intellectual backgrounding in how Catholics study the Bible. She just wants to read it directly. She’s also very much a “feelings person.” So I know I couldn’t just print off a copy of Dei Verbum and say, “Here, read this, it’s fascinating!” :newidea:
I have a little book from TAN about Sola Scriptura which I might be able to give her a copy of later, but I was thinking - wonder if there’s sort of a quick, yet accurate, condensed version of the Church’s teachings about how to study Scripture that others have found helpful? This might be a good thing for many in RCIA and converts as well.
Back to the friend I mentioned - she doesn’t have a computer, doesn’t like them
and has zero interest in the Internet. But I can print stuff out so that’s no biggie - just mentioning this because it would have to be something that’s just a sheet or pamphlet size and not an interactive website, in this case.
Thanks for any help you can give.
:bible1:
I have a friend, a revert, who wants to read the Bible a lot and use it to deepen her faith and guide her daily living. That’s a good thing.
Sometimes, though, she gets hung up on certain things if a literal interpretation is not immediately obvious. I think maybe she’s influenced by the Protestant Sola Scriptura mindset.
She’s kind of an idealist - what I mean by that is, though she’s certainly intelligent, she isn’t a big reader of books like, say, yours truly!
I have a little book from TAN about Sola Scriptura which I might be able to give her a copy of later, but I was thinking - wonder if there’s sort of a quick, yet accurate, condensed version of the Church’s teachings about how to study Scripture that others have found helpful? This might be a good thing for many in RCIA and converts as well.
Back to the friend I mentioned - she doesn’t have a computer, doesn’t like them
Thanks for any help you can give.
