W
Windfish
Guest
Hi, there, I’ve been doing a lot of research online about the existence and historicity of Jesus, the reliability of the gospels, etc., and it has been a bumpy ride.The internet is full of amateurs, hyper-skeptics, conspiracy crackpots, and the like, and so I’ve decided on seeking out books to arm myself with knowledge. Can anyone recommend to me books on the following subjects:
-The existence and historicity of Christ. A through and exhaustive walkthrough of every credible historical argument which also addresses skeptical interjections.The claim is made that there is more evidence for the existence of Jesus than many other figures in the ancient world. I would like to see this claim expounded a bit more with comparisons to the historical proofs of other figures.
-The supposed pagan parallels to the life, deeds, and message of Jesus Christ. I’ve found out that these parallels are, at best, highly suspect, and, at worst, total fabrications. I would like a formal and systematic refutation of them.
-The reliability and historicity of the Gospels. This is a big, big topic. Anything will be helpful.
-The existence and historicity of Christ. A through and exhaustive walkthrough of every credible historical argument which also addresses skeptical interjections.The claim is made that there is more evidence for the existence of Jesus than many other figures in the ancient world. I would like to see this claim expounded a bit more with comparisons to the historical proofs of other figures.
-The supposed pagan parallels to the life, deeds, and message of Jesus Christ. I’ve found out that these parallels are, at best, highly suspect, and, at worst, total fabrications. I would like a formal and systematic refutation of them.
-The reliability and historicity of the Gospels. This is a big, big topic. Anything will be helpful.