T
Traci75
Guest
Little background: I’m a cradle Catholic that fell away from the faith during college and really started to return when we had our first daughter 7 years ago. My husband was raised Protestant. He wouldn’t convert when we got married, but agreed to convert about 5 years ago before he deployed to Iraq the first time. He didn’t go through RCIA, our priest at the time went through some information with him, had him do a confession and then confirmed him.
My problem is that while I can usually get him to go to Mass with the family on Sunday, I can’t get him to be involved in anything else. He thinks he’s good because we send our daughter to Catholic grade school and that I help with CCD classes.
He doesn’t understand the importance of confession, doesn’t understand the beauty and peace you get from the Rosary, and doesn’t want to talk about church.
Being Catholic has come to be a very important part of my life. I’m trying to keep growing in my faith, but feeling kind of stagnant right now without him growing with me. I’ve tried to talk to him about it, tried to get him to go see our priest, even asked if he would go to a weekend couples’ retreat with me.
Nothing seems to be getting through.
Help! Any ideas. I would love to have our family do more faith-based activities together, especially a daily praying of the Rosary.
My problem is that while I can usually get him to go to Mass with the family on Sunday, I can’t get him to be involved in anything else. He thinks he’s good because we send our daughter to Catholic grade school and that I help with CCD classes.
He doesn’t understand the importance of confession, doesn’t understand the beauty and peace you get from the Rosary, and doesn’t want to talk about church.
Being Catholic has come to be a very important part of my life. I’m trying to keep growing in my faith, but feeling kind of stagnant right now without him growing with me. I’ve tried to talk to him about it, tried to get him to go see our priest, even asked if he would go to a weekend couples’ retreat with me.
Nothing seems to be getting through.
Help! Any ideas. I would love to have our family do more faith-based activities together, especially a daily praying of the Rosary.