Looking for two resources

  • Thread starter Thread starter Revert_43
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Revert_43

Guest
I’m looking for two resources but am having difficulty funding them.
  1. A chronological list of readings for a Catholic Bible, I know these exist for non-Catholic Bibles but Id like a list with the Deutoricanical books.
  2. I list if of the mass readings schedule, I know there are schedules A, B and C but I can’t seem to find these anywhere, I can get monthly lists of readings is there a book or website that has all the readings? Would this be the Daily Missal? If so does anyone know when the updated Missal will be published?
Thanks,
 
I’m looking for two resources but am having difficulty funding them.
  1. A chronological list of readings for a Catholic Bible, I know these exist for non-Catholic Bibles but Id like a list with the Deutoricanical books.
  2. I list if of the mass readings schedule, I know there are schedules A, B and C but I can’t seem to find these anywhere, I can get monthly lists of readings is there a book or website that has all the readings? Would this be the Daily Missal? If so does anyone know when the updated Missal will be published?
Thanks,
For all the readings, check out this site.
easterbrooks.com/cgi-bin/Cathcal.cgi?2011

Since you can click backwards and forwards on the years, you can check out all 3 Sunday cycles and the 2 weekday cycles.

Here’s another site that has the info:
catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/1998USL.htm

The revised missal is scheduled to be put in use at Advent of 2011.
 
  1. A chronological list of readings for a Catholic Bible, I know these exist for non-Catholic Bibles but Id like a list with the Deutoricanical books.
I prepared one privately for myself and I found the process most rewarding.
 
If you are asking how to to ascertain the cycle, divide the year by 3. If the remainder is 1 it is cycle A, 2 cycle B, 0 cycle C. For weekdays odd years are cycle I, even years cycle II.

Note that the Liturgical year begins with the First Sunday of Advent in the preceding year. Thus we started 2011, cycle A and I, at Evening Prayer on 27 November 2010.
 
I’m looking for two resources but am having difficulty funding them.
  1. A chronological list of readings for a Catholic Bible, I know these exist for non-Catholic Bibles but Id like a list with the Deutoricanical books.
  2. I list if of the mass readings schedule, I know there are schedules A, B and C but I can’t seem to find these anywhere, I can get monthly lists of readings is there a book or website that has all the readings? Would this be the Daily Missal? If so does anyone know when the updated Missal will be published?
Thanks,
“The Order of Prayer in the Liturgy of the Hours and Celebration of the Eucharist 2011”
can be purchased from www.paulistpress.com. This covers the Liturgical Year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top