Losing faith in humanity

  • Thread starter Thread starter Renarax
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Renarax

Guest
I watched a debate on YouTube about whether Mother Teresa’s actions were good or bad (Amazing someone had to ask this question in the first place) but I saw extremely vulgar and hurtful comments. Don’t watch the video.

But here are a few comments-

1)The hag of Calcutta. The ***** warehoused the ill in her flop house of hell. She took from the rich and gave it to the Vatican perverts , extortionists and hypocrites. She was a nun and the Catholic nuns and clergy will reap what they have sown, my wrath included.
  1. Can we just be glad she’s dead… Mother Theresa is very lucky that no such place called hell exists, she has a lot of death and suffering on her conscience.
3)Mother Teresa is one of the biggest frauds of the century. Countless evil doings. To name a few quickly: she endorsed pain and refused to give antibiotics because she thought that suffering brought one closer to Jesus, then accepted a crazy amount of money from a corrupt family in Haiti which stole from the poor and she PRAISED THEM. Then finally nearing the end of her life it is well documented that she no longer even believed in God. I mean where does the fraudulence end here. As Christopher Hitchens said “I wish there was a Hell to which she could go to”. You’ve been indoctrinated by the media to believe she was saint-like, but please don’t remain ignorant to the fact that she was a straight-up fraud.
  1. Great. She provided a hospice for poor people, except that the hospice itself provides no treatment, and family is not allowed to visit. Sounds like a great deal. In the meantime, she traveled the world making big bucks. Where did the money go? For evangelism, not improving the lives of the poor. She had a sick, sadistic belief that being poor and in agony = closer to Jesus.
Please tell me that there is still hope:crying:
 
you could not find a better place to look if you were actively trying to loose faith in humanity than youtube comments. just throwing it out there. I think there is some pollutant in the drinking water of 90% of the people posting on there.
 
Please do not allow the sick individuals who posted those Youtube comments to have any power over you.
 
you could not find a better place to look if you were actively trying to loose faith in humanity than youtube comments. just throwing it out there. I think there is some pollutant in the drinking water of 90% of the people posting on there.
Right. The YouTube comment boxes are not my go-to place when seeking to be spiritually edified. 😛 It doesn’t matter what the topic is, there will be someone that comes along and fouls the place up.

Just say a prayer for such people. They are so closed off to God that they must believe that even the Saints who have lived among us are nothing but “frauds”. But they are certainly not representative of society as a whole.
 
If you want to loose faith in humanity then looking at whatever evil anti-Christian ‘youtube’ vids there are is one quick-fast way of going about it because the choices we make help to either build on our understanding of the Truth by reading trustworthy material or destroy our faith by believing lies and deceit and thinking about them.

It usually reads underneath the video what it is about so maybe just don’t view it and look at something positive instead. It is a bit like horror movies - you can choose to watch them or choose not to. 👍
 
Don’t lose faith in humanity, remember the good Mother was also a part of humanity. There are others just like her and hopefully there are more of them than the ones who try to take her down.👍
 
I wonder where such comments are coming from? 🤷 I mean, I could see why there might be insufficient funds to give patients ideal treatment. Why would they insinuate that Bl. Teresa willfully refused to treat those in her care? The Church does bless suffering that is willingly endured but she doesn’t teach we should willfully inflict it on others.
 
The good news is, our faith isn’t founded on “humanity.” 🙂
 
you could not find a better place to look if you were actively trying to loose faith in humanity than youtube comments. just throwing it out there. I think there is some pollutant in the drinking water of 90% of the people posting on there.
👍
Pray for them.
 
Well these comments are obvious rubbish so don’t let them get to you. Humanity is hard to have faith in sometimes, but in the end the only one we should have any faith in is God.

Keep doing good. You never know how your actions might help someone else keep the faith. Don’t let stuff like that you referenced get you down. It is trash.
 
I watched a debate on YouTube about whether Mother Teresa’s actions were good or bad (Amazing someone had to ask this question in the first place) but I saw extremely vulgar and hurtful comments. Don’t watch the video.

But here are a few comments-

1)The hag of Calcutta. The ***** warehoused the ill in her flop house of hell. She took from the rich and gave it to the Vatican perverts , extortionists and hypocrites. She was a nun and the Catholic nuns and clergy will reap what they have sown, my wrath included.
  1. Can we just be glad she’s dead… Mother Theresa is very lucky that no such place called hell exists, she has a lot of death and suffering on her conscience.
3)Mother Teresa is one of the biggest frauds of the century. Countless evil doings. To name a few quickly: she endorsed pain and refused to give antibiotics because she thought that suffering brought one closer to Jesus, then accepted a crazy amount of money from a corrupt family in Haiti which stole from the poor and she PRAISED THEM. Then finally nearing the end of her life it is well documented that she no longer even believed in God. I mean where does the fraudulence end here. As Christopher Hitchens said “I wish there was a Hell to which she could go to”. You’ve been indoctrinated by the media to believe she was saint-like, but please don’t remain ignorant to the fact that she was a straight-up fraud.
  1. Great. She provided a hospice for poor people, except that the hospice itself provides no treatment, and family is not allowed to visit. Sounds like a great deal. In the meantime, she traveled the world making big bucks. Where did the money go? For evangelism, not improving the lives of the poor. She had a sick, sadistic belief that being poor and in agony = closer to Jesus.
Please tell me that there is still hope:crying:
For a time, I got on these sites, read what people had to say about the pope and issues. Now, I no longer waste my time with this negativity.

I spend my time, instead, where I can make some kind of positive difference.

There will ALWAYS be people who criticize the pope, saints, Catholicism, and other things.

The sooner we realize that, ignore them, and turn to something positive that won’t bring us down, the better.

Don’t let these people bring you down. If you have to cut off contact with that site, then do it.

I think these are there, because they want attention. Instead of giving them attention, ignore them, thereby taking the wind out of their sails.

Give your attention and valuable time to people who are making a difference, instead of tearing people down, and trying to bring you along with them.
 
I wonder where such comments are coming from? 🤷 I mean, I could see why there might be insufficient funds to give patients ideal treatment. Why would they insinuate that Bl. Teresa willfully refused to treat those in her care? The Church does bless suffering that is willingly endured but she doesn’t teach we should willfully inflict it on others.
These comments may have come from twelve year olds, who think that saying something bad about what society or what their elders esteem is the height of sophistication.
 
For a time, I got on these sites, read what people had to say about the pope and issues. Now, I no longer waste my time with this negativity.

I spend my time, instead, where I can make some kind of positive difference.

There will ALWAYS be people who criticize the pope, saints, Catholicism, and other things.

The sooner we realize that, ignore them, and turn to something positive that won’t bring us down, the better.

Don’t let these people bring you down. If you have to cut off contact with that site, then do it.

I think these are there, because they want attention. Instead of giving them attention, ignore them, thereby taking the wind out of their sails.

Give your attention and valuable time to people who are making a difference, instead of tearing people down, and trying to bring you along with them.
So true. 🙂
 
Yes its sad how far people’s hatred can take them

I’m scared now . . . if I do charity work in the name of God (Not to the extent as she did) I’ll be criticized as well. If people can find blame with St. Teresa they can surely find way to accuse me:eek:

I just wonder . . . what if saints see what is going on in the world? What if she sees the comments . . . just how bad will she feel.

Also, I’m leaving the A forum. can’t use the word here;) (what’s up with that? Why are they allowed to spew hatred on us in their forums?)

It’s simply a waste of time. I joined so I could defend the Catholic Church, but some people don’t want to understand.
 
there is hope for humanity; He died for us.

Where can God fail?
 
Yes its sad how far people’s hatred can take them

I’m scared now . . . if I do charity work in the name of God (Not to the extent as she did) I’ll be criticized as well. If people can find blame with St. Teresa they can surely find way to accuse me:eek:

I just wonder . . . what if saints see what is going on in the world? What if she sees the comments . . . just how bad will she feel.

Also, I’m leaving the A forum. can’t use the word here;) (what’s up with that? Why are they allowed to spew hatred on us in their forums?)

It’s simply a waste of time. I joined so I could defend the Catholic Church, but some people don’t want to understand.
Since she is in heaven, I don’t think Blessed Teresa will feel bad about it. Certainly not for herself. At most, she might feel sad for those making such comments as it seems indicative of their distance from God. But Christ died even for vitriolic YouTube commenters. So there is still hope. And I’m sure Blessed Teresa is the first one who wants to intercede for their salvation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top