R
RosalieM
Guest
Last night I went to our Lenten soup-after-Mass function and we also saw an educational film. Then usually, Stations of the Cross follow, then benediction. This is when I started to lose it. I opted out of Stations of the Cross (which is okay, we don’t have to do all the activities). I came home and thought the priest at the table was bothered because I have bruises under my eyes from surgery. He left the table and didn’t eat his bread. Today at Mass, it was like everyone was getting on my nerves (how’s that for “love one another”?).
I had to leave my sunglasses on because even with makeup, the bruises are light blue
instead of black. One time I took them off and the envelope collectors looked at me like I was a victim. Tomorrow is choir and I’ve already had one comment about wearing sunglasses in the choir. The director said it was fine with him.
I feel like opting out of choir tomorrow and cutting down on my Mass attendance but it’s like that’s the “enemy” working on my mind. I could almost see little demons in the pillar designs in the church this evening. Losing it.
Suggestions, please.
I had to leave my sunglasses on because even with makeup, the bruises are light blue