Losing Ones Life

  • Thread starter Thread starter pwlj_christ87
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pwlj_christ87

Guest
In the bible it says we must give up everything, lose our lives, and follow Jesus… I am wondering whether or not this passage is meant as a one time thing. for example, maybe two years ago you decided to give it all up for God, or do you find yourselves constantly pruning yourselves, telling your selves at different stages of you life that you are giving your life up “again” so to speak, if the second is true, is there something wrong with how you gave up your life the first time? or is it a continuum in way to Heaven,

Thanks,
 
In the bible it says we must give up everything, lose our lives, and follow Jesus… I am wondering whether or not this passage is meant as a one time thing. for example, maybe two years ago you decided to give it all up for God, or do you find yourselves constantly pruning yourselves, telling your selves at different stages of you life that you are giving your life up “again” so to speak, if the second is true, is there something wrong with how you gave up your life the first time? or is it a continuum in way to Heaven,

Thanks,
Unless you are dead, giving up your life is an ongoing process.

ICXC NIKA
 
It’s like an every day event for me. I wake up and thank God for all his gifts, especially the gift of life and the gift of salvation–his son, Jesus. All day I thank him and talk to him and ask him to be with me and help me (this goes for Jesus, Mary and the saints and angels, too) I ask him what he wants me to do today. I try to listen. Mostly I just hear the washing machine, my husband’s voice, hamburger frying on the stove, water running in the sink. You get the picture? But in my mind he sends me messages along the way that I’m ok, doing what he wants me to do right now. I see flowers blooming on the window sill. I see a blue sky with beautiful clouds. I’ll get a phone call from an old friend. I thank him for every gift, even the ones that hurt, a knee that doesn’t quite work like it used to. A tooth ache… an interruption in the things I WANT TO DO… At the end of a prayerful day I ask him to let me rest in his heart this night. I thank him for the warm house and pray for the folks who don’t have it so well. Some day I think he will let me know what his plan for me is. When he’s ready… I want to be ready, too.

Hope this makes sense…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top