Losing trust in God

  • Thread starter Thread starter vesnianka
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t mind, please pray for me - to make the right choices, even if it goes against my own will, logic and reason. i think i know the answer to what i’m supposed to do. it’s just about taking the step forward, completely losing myself to God’s will. As some saints have mentioned, we need to abandon ourselves to God. It’s like taking a step off of a cliff, having faith that God will catch you. That’s how I feel about this. I’m only standing at the edge right now, looking down and looking out to see where God is. St. Faustina had such deep faith and trust in God…oh, saints in heaven, help me.
Whatever your path is, you have prayers!!! 😃
 
But you say that some sisters and a priest were interested in this? Surely if you work with them, they will aid you. Also, if this is truly God’s will, why is there anything worrying you?

“Be not afraid, I go before you always, come follow me, and I will give you rest”
On one hand, you’re right. What am I afraid of, since no man can do me harm. But on the other hand, it will be a very difficult, and rugged road.

I’ve been getting some clear signs in recent days that I am to drink from the cup Jesus drinks (Matthew 20:22)
 
I have been unemployed for about a year and three months. For a good long time, I was strong in saying - God will help me find a job. I have been doing charity work in the meantime. Six, seven months went by and nothing - no job. My prayers became more fervent. Nothing. Ten, eleven months went by and I began begging for help. Nothing - no job. By the end of the eleventh month, my faith began waivering. Other personal things in my life began to crash around me. More prayers for help - now to Our Mother and all the angels and saints in heaven. Nothing. I tried to recruit more souls to pray for me, for help, by the time the 12th month rolled around. This time I tried to recruit every possible soul in heaven, those in purgatory and prayer groups around the world.

Well, by the time January rolled around, I became exhausted with prayer. I feel empty, and that God is far away. My prayers seem to be falling on deaf ears. Nothing seems to work. I began to stop praying. I barely say the rosary, once a week now. Prayers seem fruitless, useless and just a waste of time. Then, I began to get a bit angry at Jesus. Disappointed, is a good word. Since November, I have been crying so hard, that massive tears fall - like I’ve never experienced before. I don’t recall ever crying so deeply, in my life. Nothing seems to console me.

I have now been praying lately for grace to trust in Jesus. Is this a sin, to lose trust in God?
I think it has happened to all of us at times, sometimes I wonder where God is too , sometimes You can pray till the cows come home but nothing seems to change. There were times I Lost trust, I suppose its a sin, I once confessed it & the priest told me in the confessional, You will always be a believer, & I think You will too. Its just that life can really be tough at times & we feel so so alone. Hang in there, Dont lose your faith, It`s very important:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top