W
wcknight
Guest
One has to be careful that we are not being evasive and actually lying about our sins if we try to " spare ourselves from embarrassment". We must be completely truthful in confession or risk misleading the priest. Priests have heard everything you will not shock them with anything new or strange.
If you are hiding the severity of the sin or disguising its nature, you risk making a poor or invalid confession.
If you say I flirted with another woman while you really committed adultery with her, then you essentially lied about what it was that you committed. I would rather a priest be excessively harse with my minor sins (which has happened before ) than be too lenient because i was too vague when I did something serious.
If you are hiding the severity of the sin or disguising its nature, you risk making a poor or invalid confession.
If you say I flirted with another woman while you really committed adultery with her, then you essentially lied about what it was that you committed. I would rather a priest be excessively harse with my minor sins (which has happened before ) than be too lenient because i was too vague when I did something serious.