LotH and changes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nessima
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nessima

Guest
I have a question about the Liturgy of the Hours (Christian Prayer) and the changes to the NAB and Mass. Will those changes affect the LotH? I currently use the one-volume set but would like to get the four-volume but will wait if it is changing as well. Thank You!
 
I wish the church would come out and officially answer this topic once and for all. I too would like to purchase the 4 volume edition.

wick
 
I, too, would like to know. As my book hasn’t even been broken in yet =

Even if it does change, it’s okay to still use this volume, right? Privately at least?
 
I have read around here that a new translation is/will be commissioned, but it is a decade away from completion.

As for which version you may use, as a layperson you are not obligated to pray the LotH, so you can use either one. If you are a religious or a priest, I would consult my superior.
 
To echo what was posted above, a decade at least from those I’ve spoken to. From what I know of the average diocesan priest’s salary around here, the cost of replacing the 4-volume edition would be the better part of a month’s disposable income. Even when any new LOTH edition is ready a decade or more from now, the sheer cost of replacing it in the hands of thousands of priests, deacons, and religious is such that I would forsee a prolonged period of “grandfathering” when either edition might be used.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top