Love + Faith = Righteousness

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seamus_Sully
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seamus_Sully

Guest
LOVE + FAITH = RIGHTEOUSNESS

St. Matthew 22: 36 “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37 He said to him, “You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the greatest and the first commandment. 39 The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

I Corinthians 13: 13 So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I Corinthians 13: 2 And if I have the gift of prophecy, and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power. 11 Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens. 13 Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. 14 So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, 15 and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all (the) flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit.

I Thessalonians 5: 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation.

LOVE + faith = RIGTHEOUSNESS

St. Matthew 22: 36-40
I Corinthians 13: 13
I Corinthians 13: 2
I Thessalonians 5: 8
Ephesians 6: 14
Love is First!
Love is Greatest!
 
Hi Seamus.

The thread you have just started is identical to the one started earlier today by Jim Bauer.
 
If this is Biblically correct, does it not solve one of the issues of the Protestant movement?
 
And what does Righteousness mean to you?

I mean, what is the point of stating a+b=righteousness in a thread like this?
 
If righteousness and justification are the same, then I might be correct.

One is justified by LOVE and faith.

Many Christians teach that one is justified by faith alone.

If I am correct that justification is made up of love and faith, then one cannot be justified by faith alone.

Many protestant teach that to this day.

I am not sure if justification and righteousness are the same, but I think that many would hold that they are.
 
If righteousness and justification are the same, then I might be correct.

One is justified by LOVE and faith.

Many Christians teach that one is justified by faith alone.

If I am correct that justification is made up of love and faith, then one cannot be justified by faith alone.

Many protestant teach that to this day.

I am not sure if justification and righteousness are the same, but I think that many would hold that they are.
Oh, ok.

Well not being protestant I really don’t even know what either statement means.

I don’t understand what they are trying to say by ‘justification’ is made up of faith or love, for that matter.

What does it mean ‘one is justified’ period??

Justified for what?

As for righteousness it can’t be the same thing mainly because they are two separate words.

I’ve always figure ‘righteous’ has to do with the source being correct/true…

justified, to me, can be argued…a wrong position can be justified as a right one given certain circumstances, and vice versa…

but a righteous position can never be wrong since it’s based upon a right truth, so to speak.

It’s a layman’s understanding, as I am no theologian or apologist or anything like that.
 
From what I am able to discern with my limited ability, righteousness and justification are the same.
 
From what I am able to discern with my limited ability, righteousness and justification are the same.
Justification comes at the point of our salvation when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and repent.
We are justified by the grace of God through our faith in Jesus.
It means we are completely absolved of our sins.
After we are justified, we grow in righteousness or mature in our faith, through our works, to become sanctified or holy.
So: justified=absolved of sin
righteousness=virtuous, holiness, sanctified
 
I John 4: 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top