Hello Jim,
The whole bible is based on the two commandments to love God and love one’s neighbor. One cannot love without the option to choose not to love; thus God gave man free will. Through God’s ten commandments, God teaches man how love for God and neighbor is accomplished.
Please visit
www.ILOVEYOUGOD.com
NIV 1JO 5:3
This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.
NIV JOH 14:15
"If you love me, you will obey what I command."
**NAB JOH 15:22 **
“If I had not come to them and spoken to them, they would not be
guilty of sin; now, however, their sin cannot be excused. To hate me is to hate my Father. Had I not performed such works among them as no one has ever done before, they would not be
guilty of sin; but as it is, they have seen, and they go on hating me and my Father.”
NAB DEU 6:1
"These then are the commandments, the statutes and decrees which the LORD, your God, has ordered that you be taught to observe in the land into which you are crossing for conquest, so that you and your son and your grandson may
fear the LORD, your God, and keep, throughout the days of your lives, all his statutes and commandments which I enjoin on you, and thus have long life. Hear then, Israel, and be careful to observe them, that you may grow and prosper the more in keeping with the promise of the LORD, the God of your fathers, to give you a land flowing with milk and honey."
The great commandment. Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone! Therefore, you shall love the LORD, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength. Take to heart these words which I enjoin on you today. Drill them into your children. Speak of them at home and abroad, whether you are busy or at rest. Bind them at your wrist as a sign and let them be as a pendant on your forehead. Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates.
NAB LUK 10:25
"Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?" Jesus answered him: "What is written in the law? How do you read it?" He replied:
"You shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart,
with all your soul,
with all your strength,
and with all your mind;
and your neighbor as yourself."
Jesus said, “You have answered correctly.
Do this and you shall live.”
NAB LUK 18:18
"Good teacher, **what must I do to share in everlasting life? **"Jesus said to him, “Why call me ‘good’? None is good but God alone.
You know the commandments:
‘You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not kill.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear dishonest witness.
Honor your father and your mother.’”
NAB DEU 11:13
"If, then, you truly
heed my commandments which I enjoin on you today,
loving and serving the LORD, you God, with all your heart and all your soul