Loving your enemy

• Thread starter Thread starter Roses
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, loving someone means being assertive. I’m trying to work on this, since I’m the non-confrontational type. But, I’m finding situations, such as at work, where it is in the interest of the common good to wisely confront a situation or behaviour that is hurtful. Discernment is very tricky, especially when I myself am a flawed human being in many ways.

Any thoughts on this? 🙂

40.png
WhiteDove:
Sometimes, loving someone means being assertive. I’m trying to work on this, since I’m the non-confrontational type. But, I’m finding situations, such as at work, where it is in the interest of the common good to wisely confront a situation or behaviour that is hurtful. Discernment is very tricky, especially when I myself am a flawed human being in many ways.

Any thoughts on this? 🙂
Dear Whitedove

I truly believe that people intrinsically know right from wrong and just sometimes need someone to point things out to them, just as sometimes I need someone to point out my faults and failings to me. When we KNOW someone else notices them and is infact affected by them, that is then truly an inspiration to change ourselves by the grace of God, no matter how much the truth may hurt.

BUT…sometimes all people need to help them change their behaviour is for someone to love them as Jesus does.

God Bless you

Originally Posted by WhiteDove
Any thoughts on this?
40.png
springbreeze:
Dear Whitedove

I truly believe that people intrinsically know right from wrong and just sometimes need someone to point things out to them, just as sometimes I need someone to point out my faults and failings to me. When we KNOW someone else notices them and is infact affected by them, that is then truly an inspiration to change ourselves by the grace of God, no matter how much the truth may hurt.

BUT…sometimes all people need to help them change their behaviour is for someone to love them as Jesus does.

God Bless you
Excellent posts…thank you both. I especially like these words of love and wisdom:
Many, many times I have been on the giving side, but I have also been the recipient a few times…from Jesus in priests, and also from Jesus in laypersons.

Love works the miracle of one heart and one mind.

Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back