Lucifer's different names

• Thread starter Thread starter kellie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kellie

Lucifer was an angel banished from Heaven as he started opposing God (please tell me if that is wrong)

So where did his other names come from??

As in Satan, the devil, Beelzebub etc

And does he live in Hell, or on Earth, or does he live in Hell and his spirit lives on Earth just as the Holy Spirit lives on Earth.

Love Kellie

It is important to remember that what power Satan has, is only because God has allowed it.

Open for your discernment…

From the book **The Life of Jesus Christ and Biblical Revelations ** (The visions of the Venerable Anne Catherine Emmerich 1774-1824)

*“…Then rising below, I saw a dark disc, the future abode of the fallen spirits. I saw that they took possession of it against their will. It was much smaller than the sphere from which they had fallen, and they appeared to me to be closely crowded together.

I saw the Fall of the angels in my childhood and ever after, day and night, I dreaded their influence. I thought they must do great harm to the earth, for they are always around it. It is well they have no bodies; else they would obscure the light of the sun. We should see them floating around us like shadows.”*

40.png
kjvail:
How about this one?

Allah
Oh, are you gonna get it! :bigyikes:

From somebody else, not me.

Actually, I was thinking of John Kerry.

Okay, okay, I’m kidding, I’m kidding 😛

DaveBj

40.png
kjvail:
How about this one?

Allah
Oh, are you gonna get it!
Yup, you’re gonna get it from me. I’ll try and be charitable and to the point:

The name Allah in Arabic means God. In fact, it is the same word used by Arabic-speaking Jews and Christians. To claim that Satan’s name is God is blasphemy, plain and simple. I know you didn’t mean any real insult to the Almighty by this (and I’m sure He knows, too), but please be more careful! Furthermore, it has been decreed by the Church that, mistaken as we believe them to be, the Muslims do in fact worship the One, True God.

Dr. Colossus:
Furthermore, it has been decreed by the Church that, mistaken as we believe them to be, the Muslims do in fact worship the One, True God.
Muslims are not in fact worshipping God because they do not believe that Jesus was the Savior.

And to answer one of the original questions, Satan has not yet been to hell. It is one of the things that will happen during the end times. He lives on earth…read Job…

Muslims are not in fact worshipping God because they do not believe that Jesus was the Savior.
By that logic, none of the present Jews worship God either. However, that has never been the position of the Church. The Muslims and Jews both worship a God with the following properties: Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnibenevolence. St. Thomas Aquinas made the observation that if a being possesses these properties (i.e. is infinite), there can be no more than one of them, because they would be indistinguishable from the others. Thus, to worship the One Infinite Being is to worship the One True God, whether or not they understand Him.

One other thing I’d like to point out is that by worshipping God the Father, the Muslims and Jews are in fact worshipping the Son and Holy Spirit as well.

:bible1: “Holy Father, keep them in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are.” John 17:11

The three Persons are all One God. In the great mystery of the Holy Trinity, one cannot worship the Person of the Father and not worship the other two.

But they do not claim to have Jesus Christ as their Savior! This is the basis of all Christianity!

I do not believe that Jews (excluding Messianics), Muslims, Hindus, or any other religious peoples are going to heaven. The Bible is extremely clear on these points. Without a saving faith in Jesus you are destined for hell.

I would concur that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one. And you are correct in saying that you can’t worship one with out the other. Therein lies the problem…if you’re not worshipping Jesus then you’re missing one…

In closing,
6Jesus told him {Thomas}, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
~John 14:6~

That’s proof enough for me.

Dr. Colossus:
Yup, you’re gonna get it from me. I’ll try and be charitable and to the point:

The name Allah in Arabic means God. In fact, it is the same word used by Arabic-speaking Jews and Christians. To claim that Satan’s name is God is blasphemy, plain and simple. I know you didn’t mean any real insult to the Almighty by this (and I’m sure He knows, too), but please be more careful! Furthermore, it has been decreed by the Church that, mistaken as we believe them to be, the Muslims do in fact worship the One, True God.
Wrong and sadly right. Allah was a pagan moon God in the time of Mohammad. I invite you to peruse Prophet of Doom and see if you think Allah and Yaweah are the same God or if Allah looks more like Lucifer.

www.prophetofdoom.net

But they do not claim to have Jesus Christ as their Savior! This is the basis of all Christianity!
I do not believe that Jews (excluding Messianics), Muslims, Hindus, or any other religious peoples are going to heaven. The Bible is extremely clear on these points. Without a saving faith in Jesus you are destined for hell.
I would concur that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one. And you are correct in saying that you can’t worship one with out the other. Therein lies the problem…if you’re not worshipping Jesus then you’re missing one…
In closing,
6Jesus told him {Thomas}, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
~John 14:6~
That’s proof enough for me.
I take it you’re not Catholic. Let me clarify that I am not equating salvation and worship as being the same thing. What I am saying is, when they talk about God, they mean the same God we do. They don’t understand Him, they don’t know His Son, but they’re not talking about a false idol.

I believe that Allah is real and that he is a demon. But I’m sorry for confusing your post with something else…

Wrong and sadly right. Allah was a pagan moon God in the time of Mohammad. I invite you to peruse Prophet of Doom and see if you think Allah and Yaweah are the same God or if Allah looks more like Lucifer.
I’ll be the first to agree with you that the Muslim understanding of God is nothing like the Christian one. However, that wasn’t really my point. The fact is, they are referring to the same God. I can talk about the President of the United States and say “He’s a good man. He’s fighting terrorism and abortion.” You could reply “He’s a terrible person. He’s a war-monger and has stooped to the levels of terrorism himself. And he’s done nothing but pay lip-service to pro-lifers.” Our perceptions would be entirely different, but we would still be talking about the same person.

40.png
darwindidntknow:
I believe that Allah is real and that he is a demon. But I’m sorry for confusing your post with something else…
I’ll agree with you in one respect: I don’t believe for a second that God is behind Islam. As politically-incorrect as it sounds, and as good as many Muslim people are, Satan forged this religion in the depths of Hell. However, in order to be effective, this religion uses a false understanding of the True God. Though I believe they worship Him, in living by the Qu’ran, they do not serve Him.

Dr. Colossus:
I’ll agree with you in one respect: I don’t believe for a second that God is behind Islam. As politically-incorrect as it sounds, and as good as many Muslim people are, Satan forged this religion in the depths of Hell. However, in order to be effective, this religion uses a false understanding of the True God. Though I believe they worship Him, in living by the Qu’ran, they do not serve Him.
That is as good and succinct a summary as I have seen on the matter 👍

(I was a Middle East analyst in the fedgov for the last 8 years of my career, including becoming fluent in Arabic and studying about Islam.)

DaveBj

in religion the devil is all evil. in china they say whats worse then the devil the rich want it and the poor have it. the famous saying is nothing however i did find an answer technoliogy (extent matrix) its evilier then the devil because its pure knowledge as well as the rich always want it and the poor are faced with it everyday. so with this understanding i relate the devil as the matrix as in the movie i believe the bible has many names for a reason mabby incase society learns differences as i have

so you indicate your refusal to see Satan, the devil as person?
In that case you say Jesus is a liar, telling us horror stories; for Jesus himself warned us from the devil and hell.

you havent read my delusion post i placed the matrix in hell are you suggesting earth logic makes jesus a liar and we as human have to do such delusions as me that wouldnt go over well with a schiatrist. jesus and the bible speak in parables that means you can chew it up and spit it out and it is still the word of god and WILL ALWAYS BE TRUE even if i have to find the goodness in it and place the matrix in hell.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=254254

I’ll be the first to agree with you that the Muslim understanding of God is nothing like the Christian one. However, that wasn’t really my point. The fact is, they are referring to the same God. I can talk about the President of the United States and say “He’s a good man. He’s fighting terrorism and abortion.” You could reply “He’s a terrible person. He’s a war-monger and has stooped to the levels of terrorism himself. And he’s done nothing but pay lip-service to pro-lifers.” Our perceptions would be entirely different, but we would still be talking about the same person.
He’s right-

it can all be traced back to Abraham’s sons Isaac and Ishmael. Read Genesis for the full story ( I can’t remember the exact verses- sorry).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back