H
homewardangel
Guest
Did Jesus try to be confusing? I don’t understand where Luke 14:26 fits in with the other teachings of Jesus (i.e…love they neighbor).
“Hate” is such a strong word and I don’t understand why he would say this. While I understand that Jesus very well may have been making a point, but I don’t understand why this way. If he said not to choice your father or mother over Jesus - that would make sense, but hate???
Any thoughts??
Terry
When I heard this read at mass I was hoping that it was a translation issue and that my bible would have a slightly different wording - but it doesn’t. This quote is from the Douay-Rheims bible that I have at home.If any man come to me, and hate not his father and mother and wife and children and brethren and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
“Hate” is such a strong word and I don’t understand why he would say this. While I understand that Jesus very well may have been making a point, but I don’t understand why this way. If he said not to choice your father or mother over Jesus - that would make sense, but hate???
Any thoughts??
Terry