J
joeantony
Guest
Hi All,
I was reading Bible the other day and came across chapter 8 in the Gospel of Luke.
Story goes like this; Jesus was encountered by someone called Jairus who came to Jesus asking to save his 12 year daughter from a grave illness. Lots of crowd around Jesus and he is been pushed around literally. Jesus heads to Jairus’ house. Then an old lady touches at the tip of his frock and she gets cured of her illness. Suddenly Jesus asks the below question.
“Luke 08;46And Jesus said: Somebody hath touched me; for I know that virtue is gone out from me”
I am pondering over this instance. Jairus approached and did the praying, came crying asked the Lord to heal, in front of Him. But the lady didn’t utter a word, came from behind, hid herself from Jesus,she touched Him.
Both Jairus and the lady got what they wanted, Healing.
Now. I can relate to Jairus , that we all go to our Lord and pray, in literal terms. we do our “works”.
But the Lady? She and Jairus , both had the same faith. They both healed because they believed. How will I relate myself to her? What should I understand from her approach to our Lord. It seems to me that Lord did not intend to heal her. But she got healed. Power has gone out from Him without he is sending it out? Hows is this possible? What was He trying to tell us when he said " Virtue has gone out from me"
Am I being so ignorant ? Has anyone pondered over it ever? Help me understand that Lady’s approach to Jesus please. I think I can be enriched a lot if i understand her approach and Jesus’ attitude there.
With prayers,
Joe
I was reading Bible the other day and came across chapter 8 in the Gospel of Luke.
Story goes like this; Jesus was encountered by someone called Jairus who came to Jesus asking to save his 12 year daughter from a grave illness. Lots of crowd around Jesus and he is been pushed around literally. Jesus heads to Jairus’ house. Then an old lady touches at the tip of his frock and she gets cured of her illness. Suddenly Jesus asks the below question.
“Luke 08;46And Jesus said: Somebody hath touched me; for I know that virtue is gone out from me”
I am pondering over this instance. Jairus approached and did the praying, came crying asked the Lord to heal, in front of Him. But the lady didn’t utter a word, came from behind, hid herself from Jesus,she touched Him.
Both Jairus and the lady got what they wanted, Healing.
Now. I can relate to Jairus , that we all go to our Lord and pray, in literal terms. we do our “works”.
But the Lady? She and Jairus , both had the same faith. They both healed because they believed. How will I relate myself to her? What should I understand from her approach to our Lord. It seems to me that Lord did not intend to heal her. But she got healed. Power has gone out from Him without he is sending it out? Hows is this possible? What was He trying to tell us when he said " Virtue has gone out from me"
Am I being so ignorant ? Has anyone pondered over it ever? Help me understand that Lady’s approach to Jesus please. I think I can be enriched a lot if i understand her approach and Jesus’ attitude there.
With prayers,
Joe