R
rr1213
Guest
I believe that All Lutheran Churches believe in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.I also know that there are some Lutherans who believe in the physical presence.
I believe that All Lutheran Churches believe in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.I also know that there are some Lutherans who believe in the physical presence.
Not in the same sense that we do. It is debatableI believe that All Lutheran Churches believe in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
Excommunication doesn’t affect the power conferred by the Holy Orders, only their licit practice. An excommunicated bishop can still ordain others validly, just not licitly, just as an excommunicated priest can still confect the Eucharist validly, just not licitly.Luther broke that line of succession when he excommunicated himself.
No, the Church does not recognize valid Apostolic Succession for Lutherans or any Protestants. This is because Protestants themselves reject the priesthood itself…I believe Martin Luther himself said that all baptized Christians are their own priest, bishop, pope, etc. This view is incompatible with the Catholic (or Orthodox) view of the priesthood.Yeah, I figured. But since I don’t subscribe to the Rock…
I don’t mean copy the answer; that wouldn’t be right. Just the basics. Does the Catholic Church recognize valid Apostolic Succession for these Nordic Lutherans or not?
I thought Anglicans lost there valid orders when they stoped teaching on the real presence etc…Yes, I think it creates a real problem. There was a problem, from the Catholic viewpoint, regarding Anglican orders prior to Anglicans ordaining women. That problem got much worse and harder to solve with women’s ordination (bear in mind thought that not all Anglican Churches recognize the validity of ordaining women).
No they lost it when they changed to ordination rite. It is because of a denial of the real presence that they changed the ordination rite, but it is the change of the ordination rite that caused apostolic succession to cease.I thought Anglicans lost there valid orders when they stoped teaching on the real presence etc…
I understand that this is the general rule from the Catholic perspective. The question at hand is whether some of the Scandanavian Lutheran Churches are exceptions to this rule.No, the Church does not recognize valid Apostolic Succession for Lutherans or any Protestants. This is because Protestants themselves reject the priesthood itself…I believe Martin Luther himself said that all baptized Christians are their own priest, bishop, pope, etc. This view is incompatible with the Catholic (or Orthodox) view of the priesthood.
Sorry, it was a dumb joke…Yeah, I figured. But since I don’t subscribe to the Rock…
I don’t mean copy the answer; that wouldn’t be right. Just the basics. Does the Catholic Church recognize valid Apostolic Succession for these Nordic Lutherans or not?
Thanks for the information. I happen to have that magazine. The answer seemed to indicate that although the Anglican orders were explicitly denied as being valid by the Pope, that as a result of the papal proclamation, the Lutheran succession is denied as well at least implicity.The latest issue of The Catholic Answer has a Q&A on page 19 on this very subject.