Madonna's husband dressed up as the Holy Father

• Thread starter Thread starter shannin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shannin

Did anyone see last evening’s news about Madonna & her husband (I don’t know his name).

They went to a costume party with Madonna dressed as a Nun and her husband dressed up as the Pope. Is it only me, or does anyone else find this totally disrepectful :tsktsk: especially with the Holy Father in the hospital on a feeding tube. Am I being too sensitive?

Madonna was raised as a Catholic but has made several attacks on the Church via her videos and public statements :banghead:

What do you think?

Blessings,
Shannin

she did better than that, managed to be offensive to two religions at the same time, since they have been on this Kabbalah gig, they have been mocking Jewish customs. the party was to celebrate the Jewish feast of Purim, where it is customary to wear costumes of biblical characters. Anything more offensive to Jews than coming to their celebration dressed as nuns and the pope would be hard to imagine.

I was offended. Not only by what you mentioned, but the fact she is named after the mother of our Lord and when people say “Madonna” they usually think of her and not Mary.

Some people in Hollywood are so out of touch with the real world.

Is Madonna the name that her parents gave her? I was under the impression that she just took that name.

Shannin

Madonna is an example of everything that is wrong with 99.99% of Hollywood. They are so twisted, arrogant, and stupid. I am not sure if that is her birth name or a stage name, I don’t really care… either way she has profaned the name. :mad:

If I recall correctly, her legal name (well, before her marriages) is Madonna Louise Ciccone. Her parents did indeed name her “Madonna” so it’s more than a “stage name”.

interesting article from IMDB.com

Catholic Leaders Blast Madonna and Ritchie
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/48/74/22s.jpg Madonna and her film-maker husband Guy Ritchie have infuriated religious chiefs following their decision to attend a party dressed as a nun and the Pope respectively - at a time when Pope John Paul II is becoming increasingly frail. Madonna and Ritchie celebrated the Jewish holiday of Purim by dressing up for a Kabbalah bash in London last Thursday - angering Catholic leaders. America’s Catholic League president William Donahue says, “It just goes to show you what a moral slug this man (Ritchie) is that he would get dressed up as the Pope at a time like this. We’re quite disappointed. We Catholics thought we had finally gotten rid of the witch when she (Madonna) discovered Kabbalah.” However, Madonna’s publicist says, “No disrespect was intended.”

I think she is a slut and he is whatever a man is who is knowingly married to a slut. They only did it to draw attention to themselves because they can’t get attention anyother way. Ignore them and they will go away, in the meantime pray for them. I know it is hard to do, but as Mother Teressa would say, “Do it anyway”.

40.png
beckers:
interesting article from IMDB.com
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/48/74/22s.jpg ." However, Madonna’s publicist says, "No disrespect was intended.

Yea right… “no disrespect was intended” :whistle:

I don’t think this woman respects anyone or anything. I feel sorry for her.

Shannin

Yeah, and no disrespect was intended when she did obscene gestures on stage in front of young adoring junior high girls. And no disrespect when she sressed up in Army uniforms for her tour that was to take place as our real army was about to go into the Middle
East. She is synonomous with dispespect. However, I agree with Lance and we would have to pray for all those like her as well as her. They are really sick sick people.

What I find sort of humorous is that she has chidlren that aren’t allowed to watch TV. I wonder when she will let them out and they will grow up and be more wild than she was. She will have heck to pay for how she has lived.

Unless he and she were doing something obscene while in costume, I don’t see how this is so offensive. Are you going to blast anyone who wears a pope costume to a costume party, or just these guys?

40.png
tcay584:
Unless he and she were doing something obscene while in costume, I don’t see how this is so offensive. Are you going to blast anyone who wears a pope costume to a costume party, or just these guys?
It was bad timing, and it’s insulting because of what she stands for. I think it was a mockery.

Madonna is soooo over. She’s desperate now for her 80’s popularity which moved on to “the next dingbat, er, big thing” :rolleyes: - Brittney Spears. I saw an interview with Spears on Dateline or some such show. What an uneducated twit.
Yes, I know my remarks are not charitable. But they are my opinion only.

40.png
tcay584:
I guess we have all been praying for the Pope and Terri so much these past few weeks and comparing this all to the Passion of the Christ, that well Madonna and her constume seems a little uncouth. Nothing new.

Is anyone surprised? Seriously, anyone? This woman is an attention hound, and will stop at nothing to get her name in print.

Sheesh, guys. Easy on the “slut” and “twit” and all. We don’t agree with them but it’s no excuse to be so nasty I think. Why stoop to that level.

By the way as a little girl in the early 90’s, I adored Madonna. Now that I’m older and really understand what she stands for it’s such a let-down. Oh, well. Hopefully she finds her way someday.

Actually she has changed her name to Esther. She is supposed to be Jewish now. I wish we could call her that without invoking the mother of God’s name of course that is like referring to Prince as the silent sign when he changed his name supposedly.
Jesus referrred to the pharisees are vipers and Paul Got pretty nasty calling people stupid and fornicators that were going to hell.
I know its not PC but Madonna er Esther is guilty of many charges brought forth and her soul is in danger of condemnation if she keeps mocking God and Jesus Bride the church.

That is absolutely ridiculous and offensive. The Pope, although not “officially” in charge of non-Catholics, is a spiritual and religous guide to the whole world (as far as I’m concerned. But this is, of course especially offensive to Catholics.

40.png
shannin:
Did anyone see last evening’s news about Madonna & her husband (I don’t know his name).

They went to a costume party with Madonna dressed as a Nun and her husband dressed up as the Pope. Is it only me, or does anyone else find this totally disrepectful :tsktsk: especially with the Holy Father in the hospital on a feeding tube. Am I being too sensitive?

Madonna was raised as a Catholic but has made several attacks on the Church via her videos and public statements :banghead:

What do you think?

Blessings,
Shannin
Mad-donna rose to fame in the early 80’s around the same time that the “alleged” sightings of our Blessed Mother began in Medjegore (spelling?). Anyway, I heard a priest once say that when God sent His Madonna into the world to help save it the devil sent his mad-donna to help destroy it.

Mad-donna has always had to rely on contraversy to boost her career, basically because she is a talentless moron, not to mention a fornicator & a toll of the devil.

40.png
Maccabees:
Actually she has changed her name to Esther. She is supposed to be Jewish now. I wish we could call her that without invoking the mother of God’s name of course that is like referring to Prince as the silent sign when he changed his name supposedly.
Jesus referrred to the pharisees are vipers and Paul Got pretty nasty calling people stupid and fornicators that were going to hell.
I know its not PC but Madonna er Esther is guilty of many charges brought forth and her soul is in danger of condemnation if she keeps mocking God and Jesus Bride the church.
Wasn’t Mary the mother of God’s name?
Madonna just is Italian for Mylady

Werner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back