I
inneedofsaving
Guest
Hello!
So, like the title implies, I have a major case of envy. Of who am I envious? Can you believe… the Duggar family (from 18 kids and counting)? I’m not jealous of the number of children they have but of how purely and Christ-centered they try to live their lives. Before I got married, my now-husband and I attended Mass weekly, went to Confession frequently, did Bible study together, prayed the Rosary/Chaplet and were consecrated to Mary, among other things. Slowly, though, as we approached the wedding day, things started to change. That should have been a red light I paid attention to. We are at the point where we don’t do any of that anymore. He is so different now, sometimes I feel I don’t know him. I want a Catholic marriage, more than ever now because we recently had a baby and I want to teach our son to live a godly, chaste, good Catholic life. I want Christ to be the center of our lives again. I’m so desperate. How do I even start??? I keep telling my husband I want things to be the way they were but he just brushes it off. What do I do? I don’t want to leave him. Please help!
So, like the title implies, I have a major case of envy. Of who am I envious? Can you believe… the Duggar family (from 18 kids and counting)? I’m not jealous of the number of children they have but of how purely and Christ-centered they try to live their lives. Before I got married, my now-husband and I attended Mass weekly, went to Confession frequently, did Bible study together, prayed the Rosary/Chaplet and were consecrated to Mary, among other things. Slowly, though, as we approached the wedding day, things started to change. That should have been a red light I paid attention to. We are at the point where we don’t do any of that anymore. He is so different now, sometimes I feel I don’t know him. I want a Catholic marriage, more than ever now because we recently had a baby and I want to teach our son to live a godly, chaste, good Catholic life. I want Christ to be the center of our lives again. I’m so desperate. How do I even start??? I keep telling my husband I want things to be the way they were but he just brushes it off. What do I do? I don’t want to leave him. Please help!