Make Poverty History

• Thread starter Thread starter springbreeze
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

springbreeze

Dear friends

Please pray for the G8 Summit that the most powerful countries in the world will devise effective plans in total agreement that will ‘Make Poverty History’.

Read all about the Campaign at:

makepovertyhistory.org/

Sign the petition to Make Poverty History at:

live8list.com/en/live8list.html

View information about Live8 world concert in aid of ‘Make Poverty History’ at:

channels.aolsvc.co.uk/music/article.adp?id=20050616104909990001

The fact that every three seconds a child dies in the world because of lack of clean water and lack of food is an intellectual absurdity and a moral horror.

Act now and put your voice behind the Make Poverty History campaign.

God Bless you for taking part and for your much needed prayers prior to the G8 Summit.

Teresa

40.png
godsent:
AMEN to that!

I hear pope benedict is going to be there?
Dear friend

He has been invited. I have not seen any confirmation that he will attend. Do you have a link to any page that says the Holy Father will attend?

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

No sorry…i wish i did,if he goes,the occassion will be an even more special event…i will pray for his presence there!

40.png
godsent:
No sorry…i wish i did,if he goes,the occassion will be an even more special event…i will pray for his presence there!
Dear friend

From all indications he supports this cause as in the Uk it is a big appeal in Catholic Churches if not eslewhere in the world.

I hope therefore he will attend.

Teresa

MEMORARE

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

O Sacrament Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, All Praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine. Amen.

Mother, the world is consecrated to you.

HAIL, HOLY QUEEN

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

V: The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary

R: And she conceived by the Holy Ghost.

V: Hail Mary, full of grace: The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

R: Holy Mary, Mother of God: Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

V: Behold, the handmaid of the Lord.

R: Be it done unto me according to thy word.

V: Hail Mary …

R: Holy Mary …

V: And the Word was made flesh

R: And dwelt among us.

V: Hail Mary …

R: Holy Mary …

V: Pray for us, O holy Mother of God,

R: That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

V: Let us pray.

**All: **Pour forth, we beseech the, O Lord, thy grace unto our hearts, that we, to whom the Incarnation of Christ, thy Son, was made known by the message of an Angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection, through the same Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Dear friends

Thank you for all of your prayers!

I hope all of you around the world are enjoying the Live8Live Music concerts.

Please if you have time log onto www.live8live.com and add your much needed voice.

Thanks again and God Bless

Teresa

I really hope that this year we can TRULY start to make poverty history.

I think its very important we show our support for campaigns like this. I’ve already signed the Live 8 petition and I’m going to buy a wristband too.

Michael 😉

Christus Rex:
I really hope that this year we can TRULY start to make poverty history.

I think its very important we show our support for campaigns like this. I’ve already signed the Live 8 petition and I’m going to buy a wristband too.

Michael 😉
Dear Michael

God Bless you.

It will be a long road and may take a good long while, but stick with it in the great support you have for this cause.

The Catholic Church is behind this cause and many other Christian belief systems. No-one can make poverty that kills people history over-night, but at the G8 meeting the very in-roads that will lead to, within our lifetimes, a cessation to the biblical scenes of starvation, famine and disease such as is seen in Africa will be significantly reduced and God Willing ultimately stopped. In effect a thing of the past, a Poverty of History. A poverty we should all be ashamed of, a poverty that is totally without excuse and Africa and the G8 must work together. I think this dream can finally be realised and I know this matter is too large for human hearts and souls, it is only The Truine God, in by and through Christ Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit and at the Father’s Will; Who can create this miracle and the miracle will happen with prayer.

I know the task is enormous, but if we don’t do this, we don’t do enough. We must at least strive to do the impossible and the absurd, when we strive to do the impossible and absurd in human terms, God makes possible, the impossible; God makes the absurd a reality and reasonable.

Thank you all of you who have offered prayers and your own personal sufferings for this cause.

We must not be afraid of the impossible. With men nothing is possible, with God all things are possible.

Be not afraid!

Teresa

What a brilliant post Teresa!

It made me so proud when Cardinal Murphy O’Connor made all those statements saying that the Catholic Church backs the Make Poverty History Campaign! I haven’t heard anything ‘official’ from any other church!

My school has done a lot to make us aware of poverty in Africa etc - in Geography, History, assemblies etc.

Michael 🙂
40.png
springbreeze:
It will be a long road and may take a good long while, but stick with it in the great support you have for this cause.

The Catholic Church is behind this cause and many other Christian belief systems. No-one can make poverty that kills people history over-night, but at the G8 meeting the very in-roads that will lead to, within our lifetimes, a cessation to the biblical scenes of starvation, famine and disease such as is seen in Africa will be significantly reduced and God Willing ultimately stopped. In effect a thing of the past, a Poverty of History. A poverty we should all be ashamed of, a poverty that is totally without excuse and Africa and the G8 must work together. I think this dream can finally be realised and I know this matter is too large for human hearts and souls, it is only The Truine God, in by and through Christ Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit and at the Father’s Will; Who can create this miracle and the miracle will happen with prayer.

I know the task is enormous, but if we don’t do this, we don’t do enough. We must at least strive to do the impossible and the absurd, when we strive to do the impossible and absurd in human terms, God makes possible, the impossible; God makes the absurd a reality and reasonable.

Thank you all of you who have offered prayers and your own personal sufferings for this cause.

We must not be afraid of the impossible. With men nothing is possible, with God all things are possible.

Hello Springbreeze

Unfortunately I had a retirement/birthday party to attend to or else I would have been heading to Edinburgh.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

Christus Rex:
It made me so proud when Cardinal Murphy O’Connor made all those statements saying that the Catholic Church backs the Make Poverty History Campaign! I haven’t heard anything ‘official’ from any other church!

My school has done a lot to make us aware of poverty in Africa etc - in Geography, History, assemblies etc.

Michael 🙂
Dear Michael

I notice you are from a Church named after St Barnabas, the son of encouragement!..encourage others foremost in their faith, I remember you felt a calling to the Priesthood…very fitting! Encourage secondly all those you know to support this cause.

It’d be great to be like St Barnabas, to be encouragers rather than defeatists. St Barnabas, as you know, pursuaded the Apostles to accept St Paul because they were all afraid of him as he persecuted the Christians.

(St Paul is my right hand man after Elijah;) , I pester St Paul for intercession, he must be so fed up and tired of my voice!😃 )

Be an encourager Michael either as layman or Priest.

Encourage this cause of striving to make poverty that kills a thing of history, it is worthy of that at least!

Teresa

Saint Andrew:
Hello Springbreeze

Unfortunately I had a retirement/birthday party to attend to or else I would have been heading to Edinburgh.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.
Dear Andrew

Hello to you. It’s good to know you support this cause and though you cannot be there physically, you can be there in spirit and in your prayers.

Thank you very much for your post of support and God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

MEMORARE

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

O Sacrament Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, All Praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine. Amen.

Thank you so much Teresa!

It certainly would be wonderful to have all those qualities of the apostles - I guess we all have them deep down! That really came out this weekend, with Live 8 and the G8 rally in Edinburgh!

Yes my calling… I’m still praying about it! i certainly getting closer to the crucial decision and I’m definitely much more certain that God is wanting a big YES :D. I’ve been checking out the Venerable english college seminary in Rome - if I do say ‘Yes’ I would love to go there (but that’s another thread!)

Michael 😉
40.png
springbreeze:
Dear Michael

I notice you are from a Church named after St Barnabas, the son of encouragement!..encourage others foremost in their faith, I remember you felt a calling to the Priesthood…very fitting! Encourage secondly all those you know to support this cause.

It’d be great to be like St Barnabas, to be encouragers rather than defeatists. St Barnabas, as you know, pursuaded the Apostles to accept St Paul because they were all afraid of him as he persecuted the Christians.

(St Paul is my right hand man after Elijah;) , I pester St Paul for intercession, he must be so fed up and tired of my voice!😃 )

Be an encourager Michael either as layman or Priest.

Encourage this cause of striving to make poverty that kills a thing of history, it is worthy of that at least!

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back