B
byronious
Guest
I was hoping to get some other opinions on some concerns I have. My wife and I are life long protestants that will be coming into the Church at the Easter Vigil. We have been meeting with a Religious Sister once a week starting last May and then joining the other catechumens and candidates last Sept. or October.
As long time Christians, we feel that the classes while at times interesting, were for the most part re-hashing information that we have known for years. i.e. Fall of Man, Trinity, etc.
We have a lot of questions regarding the Catholic practices that differ from our experience in protestant churches. As RCIA winds down with the Easter Vigil approaching, I can’t see that a lot of these questions will get answered.
I have friends that I am praying will enter the Catholic church in the future. However, I can’t see them taking 7-8 months of classes and “jumping through all the hoops” so to speak.
I want to make it clear that while I wish our RCIA experience had been different, I would do anything to enter into the one true church that Jesus established. I just don’t believe that many would make that commitment.
Also I have read that every effort should be made NOT to bring candidates into the church at the Easter Vigil. The Easter Vigil is for catechumens who are now called the Elect. At our parish the Elect and candidates will be brought in in one mass.
I would like some (name removed by moderator)ut as to how the New Evangelism call from Pope Francis can better accommodate protestants crossing the Tiber. Perhaps shorter catechist, separate from those new to the faith, that focuses more on Catholic traditions and practices. And is this how it is done in other dioceses?
Thank you
If this is not the correct forum for this discussion, I apologize.
As long time Christians, we feel that the classes while at times interesting, were for the most part re-hashing information that we have known for years. i.e. Fall of Man, Trinity, etc.
We have a lot of questions regarding the Catholic practices that differ from our experience in protestant churches. As RCIA winds down with the Easter Vigil approaching, I can’t see that a lot of these questions will get answered.
I have friends that I am praying will enter the Catholic church in the future. However, I can’t see them taking 7-8 months of classes and “jumping through all the hoops” so to speak.
I want to make it clear that while I wish our RCIA experience had been different, I would do anything to enter into the one true church that Jesus established. I just don’t believe that many would make that commitment.
Also I have read that every effort should be made NOT to bring candidates into the church at the Easter Vigil. The Easter Vigil is for catechumens who are now called the Elect. At our parish the Elect and candidates will be brought in in one mass.
I would like some (name removed by moderator)ut as to how the New Evangelism call from Pope Francis can better accommodate protestants crossing the Tiber. Perhaps shorter catechist, separate from those new to the faith, that focuses more on Catholic traditions and practices. And is this how it is done in other dioceses?
Thank you
If this is not the correct forum for this discussion, I apologize.