F
FossilResin
Guest
I found some lovely but falling apart old bibles (King James and other Protestant versions) at a thrift store and I’d like to lovingly and reverently clip out my favorite passages for my devotional collage art. I’m fairly sure this is fine, because of my reverential intentions. And regardless of what bible translations they are, I still realize that some would think it controversial. I never, ever want to cause scandal or commit sacrilege, but these bibles have already been treated unceremoniously at a thrift store that treats them like they are equal to other junk books. We live in a bizarrely abundant time when even bibles are overproduced, and we are left with the question of how to respectfully and lovingly up-cycle reverential objects so they don’t end up in the trash when we can’t make room on our shelves forever. Thoughts? I intend to pray and love the holy words as I paste them into worshipful art.