W
water
Guest
Ok, here is another Cross subject which many non-Catholic are against. Please let me know what is wrong with doing the Cross on my body, and what you think doing the Cross sign means. 
I donāt think there is anything wrong with doing the sign of the Cross. In fact this is a tradition that is traceable all the way back to the very early days of the church.Ok, here is another Cross subject which many non-Catholic are against. Please let me know what is wrong with doing the Cross on my body, and what you think doing the Cross sign means.![]()
This is just my opinion, but I think that SOME Protestants donāt like it simply because itās Catholic. Just as SOME Protestants get irritated at the sight of a Crucifix instead of an empty Cross. Itās not the action itself theyāre against. Listen carefully when next youāre in a restaurant and pray before eating. Do you hear things spoken critically against the sign of the cross or do you hear comments like, āCatholics are so strange?ā Living here in the southern US, I hear the āstrangeā comment more often.Thanks Rhonda Renee,
The Cross: In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen!
It is a powerful prayer to glorify the Trinity. I donāt see anything to do with worshiping Mary or praying for the Dead. All I see is that starting all prayer and ending with all prayer, we glorify the Lord. What can go wrong?
I just happened to listen to the radio today and heard about other non-Catholic might against it, but I did not know the reason.
I hope this discussion can help me understand what others think.
I am from Texas, and whenever I go out to lunch with my boss and my co-workers, I make the Cross sign before eating - my boss never says anything. I guess because she is my bossThis is just my opinion, but I think that SOME Protestants donāt like it simply because itās Catholic. Just as SOME Protestants get irritated at the sight of a Crucifix instead of an empty Cross. Itās not the action itself theyāre against. Listen carefully when next youāre in a restaurant and pray before eating. Do you hear things spoken critically against the sign of the cross or do you hear comments like, āCatholics are so strange?ā Living here in the southern US, I hear the āstrangeā comment more often.
My boss and co-workers always join me in prayer when we are at lunchā¦I am from Texas, and whenever I go out to lunch with my boss and my co-workers, I make the Cross sign before eating - my boss never says anything. I guess because she is my boss
There are advantages to working with other Catholics! We also go to mass together⦠what an awesome perk!!!The only objection to the sign of the cross that I can think of:Ok, here is another Cross subject which many non-Catholic are against. Please let me know what is wrong with doing the Cross on my body, and what you think doing the Cross sign means.![]()
Tau is a Greek letter.If someone knows, wasnāt the Tau a letter of the Hebrew
alphabet? And it kind of looks like a t, which looks like a
cross? OT foreshadowing?![]()
![]()
![]()
One of the meanings of making the cross is to confess our faith that we believe in the Holy Trinity. I am sure you donāt deny on that.Hi,
I dont see a problem with it either. I have done it when at a catholic church. Im not exactly sure it means by doing it but it doesnt offend me as a non-catholic christian or bother me in the least.![]()