Because of the teaching about the sinfulness of man , I had a little problem , how Jesus could be totally without sin.
But , I believe he was without sin, though in sinful body, otherwise the Incarnation is not Incarnation, He revealed the God in the sinful human body.
But in the sinful human body.
Yes, I believe that we are not just wounded, we are totally depraved.
Like my favorite writer says;
- The Man towards man is wolf.
- If the people would know each other better,they would hate each other more.
The Man not just damaged by sin, the man is sin’s invalid.
Yes , our nature is totally deprived, we are not just wounded by sin, but we have got the sin of Adam , and taking part in his crime.
I believe in this truth.
That’s the reason , I am in full agreement with Catholic Realism.
I am not Pacifist.
Many Christian Denominations forgot or misapplied that virtue.
I mean, the forgotten Christian Virtue of Realism.
Its interesting, what you following, asking this question.
Don’t You want to tell me that Jesus had the presents of sin, but overcame it, and Mary did the same ?
Hmm. I am not sure I completely understand your post.
And I am not sure I am the best person to get into this discussion with you, but I will try
You say you believe he was in a sinful body and you believe that man is totally depraved.
I (and the Catholic Church) disagree with this. We believe that man’s nature is just wounded. The human body is not sinful just because it is the human body. I disagree that God incarnate was in a sinful human body. He was fully human, but since man is not totally depraved, it was not a sinful human body.
404 How did the sin of Adam become the sin of all his descendants? The whole human race is in Adam “as one body of one man”.293 By this “unity of the human race” all men are implicated in Adam’s sin, as all are implicated in Christ’s justice. Still, the transmission of original sin is a mystery that we cannot fully understand. But we do know by Revelation that Adam had received original holiness and justice not for himself alone, but for all human nature. By yielding to the tempter, Adam and Eve committed a
personal sin, but this sin affected the
human nature that they would then transmit
in a fallen state.294 It is a sin which will be transmitted by propagation to all mankind, that is, by the transmission of a human nature deprived of original holiness and justice. And that is why original sin is called “sin” only in an analogical sense: it is a sin “contracted” and not “committed” - a state and not an act.
405 Although it is proper to each individual,295 original sin does not have the character of a personal fault in any of Adam’s descendants. It is a deprivation of original holiness and justice,** but human nature has not been totally corrupted: it is wounded** in the natural powers proper to it, subject to ignorance, suffering and the dominion of death, and inclined to sin - an inclination to evil that is called concupiscence". Baptism, by imparting the life of Christ’s grace, erases original sin and turns a man back towards God, but the consequences for nature, weakened and inclined to evil, persist in man and summon him to spiritual battle.
I really think we should start a new thread devoted to original sin and man’s wounded nature versus a totally depraved one as it is off topic to Mary, but crucial to the understanding of Mary and her immaculate conception.
As well as there are others out there who will be able to discuss this subject with you much more intelligently than I can. I am afraid of confusing the issue rather than helping it since my background does not include the belief in a totally depraved nature in my Catholic Christian walk or my non-Catholic Christian walk.
Shall I start it and tranfer these posts, or would you like to start it?
God Bless,
Maria