C
CAROLOFTHEBELLS
Guest
Just wondering if anyone else is offended by the Manwich commercial that uses the music of a hymn of praise to God to praise Manwich instead. Goes, something like, “Manwich, manwich we adore you…”
I haven’t seen the commercial, but the words that you quoted fit the melody of one of the famous themes from Beethoven’s 9th Symphony.Just wondering if anyone else is offended by the Manwich commercial that uses the music of a hymn of praise to God to praise Manwich instead. Goes, something like, “Manwich, manwich we adore you…”
No, it doesn’t offend me. It’s the fourth movement from Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony and I would be willing to bet it doesn’t bother Beethoven either.Just wondering if anyone else is offended by the Manwich commercial that uses the music of a hymn of praise to God to praise Manwich instead. Goes, something like, “Manwich, manwich we adore you…”
Catholic Leaguethe lyrics, which do ape a Christian hymn set to that music, are indeed offensive, sic the Catholic League on the manufacturer
Yes, but in baptizing the Ode to Joy, Christians changed the lyrics. The phrase “xx we adore thee” is from the Christian version, not from Schiller or Beethoven.If this is the case, I wouldn’t call this melody a hymn, but merely a theme from a piece of secular classical music. It only became a hymn after various Christians from several denominations used it as the melody for their poetry.
This is OT - but, I did try the McCormick’s and it is so much better . Thank you!Nope, couldnt care less.
I also think Manwich is nasty tasting
I use McCormick Sloppy jo mix when I want sloppy jos
Y’know, that did cross my mind.Just wondering if anyone else is offended by the Manwich commercial that uses the music of a hymn of praise to God to praise Manwich instead. Goes, something like, “Manwich, manwich we adore you…”
What’s the new music?…and would re-make it & use different music. And they did.
For the Charmin commerical? Oh, bad pun!What’s the new music?
“God mounts his throne to shouts of joy?”