Marijuana good or bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CinNoMore
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re just going to agree to disagree. We’ve separate opinions on the matter
 
Ok fine.

On a personal note in going to encourage you to find a way to get the professional medical care you feel you need. It has helped me and many others. I cannot speak poorly enough of self-diagnosing depression or other psychological disorders.

All the best to you.
 
Marijuana fosters laziness and dissent, neither of which is good for society.
 
Too many Christians sooner propose someone use a mind-altering drug than form a relationship with God, and I have to question their faith in the Lord.
Are you in their shoes? Is it really wise to question the faith of someone who is seeking medical help? All I’m saying here is that we are not all alike. Some of us require different forms of treatment for our health problems. You handle your anxiety and depression in the way that best helps you. Unfortunately for me I need a bit more help than what is working for you.

More importantly these drugs are not inherently immoral. Alcohol and cannabis are both morally neutral because they require will and intent for sin to come into the picture. It’s a matter of intent and will on the part of the user. It’s not my will or intent to abuse this, it’s my will and intent to use this as a tool to help keep my head from bursting with stress. I’m confident the Lord understands what I’m doing and why
 
Thank you. And for the record I was diagnosed and seeing a psychiatrist at one point. And they did prescribe me something but it was very weak. Over time it didn’t work as well because I noticed I felt terrible even after I was taking it after going off it shortly. I have a very long history of doctors misdiagnosing me, to the point where it took a doctor when I was 5-6 years old to finally properly diagnose that I was on the autism spectrum
 
As best I have found the church would say its immoral (barring justifiable medical need) and is different from alcohol/cigarettes because it is psychoactive/hallucinogenic, and while alcohol and tobacco may be used while neither imparing ones reason, nor getting high, pretty much the only reason people use marijuana is to get high (use to the eccess).
 
I get what you are saying, but there are many things that people abuse, including alcohol and tobacco. These things used in moderation are tolerable. But taken to excess they are bad to use. Why should marijuana be held in a different light?
 
That is a decision they ought make with their physician and their priest.
 
What’s the linkage other than they all involve pot? Morally, which the dimension I’ve been discussing, they are totally different. Are you next going to tell me that people shooting up heroin and me taking morphine for my appendectomy are “linked”?
Medical user here: a lot of “recreational” weed is just product acquired from medical dispensaries and then sold to non-cardholders. Basically, the stuff I’m smoking is the same stuff that the recreational users I know are smoking.

Of course, the case may be different depending on where you live: this is just my personal experience.
 
Last edited:
As best I have found the church would say its immoral (barring justifiable medical need) and is different from alcohol/cigarettes because it is psychoactive/hallucinogenic, and while alcohol and tobacco may be used while neither imparing ones reason, nor getting high, pretty much the only reason people use marijuana is to get high (use to the eccess).
One more time.
Substances are morally neutral.

Human acts are morally evaluated as good or evil. Substances are not morally evaluated. Acts are morally evaluated.

It is not immoral to enjoy God’s creation in the measure and purpose it is designed for.
It is immoral to disobey just laws.
It is immoral to abuse God’s creation by harming one’s self, or harming others, or using something in a disordered way. Etc…

I can use Twinkies for immoral acts for God’s sake!
 
Last edited:
One more time.
Substances are morally neutral .

Human acts are morally evaluated as good or evil. Substances are not morally evaluated. Acts are morally evaluated.
Yes, substances are morally neutral, however, the way they function does not always mean the way they are used is neutral. What I meant, was that due to the effects of Marijuana, and the way it is used, its use would be immoral.
 
30 years ago caused havoc with my memory when I was trying to revise for my degree exams, also probably contributed to my social and depression issues of the time. So glad I kicked it for ‘recreational use’.
 
Last edited:
I can use Twinkies for immoral acts for God’s sake!
If any substance is inherently immoral, it would be Twinkies. I’d sooner satiate my munchies with drywall.
 
Last edited:
30 years ago caused havoc with my memory when I was trying to revise for my degree exams, also probably contributed to my social and depression issues of the time.
Not all strains are gonna mesh well with every user’s neurochemistry. I stay away from Indica strains because they’ve worsened my depression in the past, but Sativa and Hybrid strains allow me to function well and socialize even as I become more relaxed.
 
Last edited:
Glad to hear you found one that you can use for your medical use.
 
Last edited:
Recreational use can still be mentally beneficial, as I’ve witnessed in my own social circles. Not everyone who benefits from weed is eligible for a medical card: even I was worried for a while that I wouldn’t qualify (and might not have if I weren’t self-harming), since depression isn’t on the list of approved conditions in my state.
 
Last edited:
Depression varies so much no two people are the same shame doctors don’t always help take care
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top