Mark bonocore vs matt slick part 4

  • Thread starter Thread starter 6glargento
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
6

6glargento

Guest
does anyone know where i could listen to part 4 of the mark bonocore and matt slick dialogue? i think they said that it was gonna be on mary.
 
Bonocore vs. Slick Debate, Round 4 ding ding 😃

MP3 direct link

CARM Podcast page

Slick has been down for the count at least 20 times…

Phil P
thanks phil, wow bonocore was in complete control of the entire discussion, slick really did not know what he was talking about. Say phil, i am really having trouble listening to the discussions on the CARM podcasts, could u possible post the “direct mp3 link” for discussion 5 as well?
 
Sure, Round 5 ding ding. Yes Mark B is a talker. I’ve talked to him once on the phone, or mostly listened.

MP3 from CARM.org site

Slick also links the MP3 from his Podcast site. What’s up with the bizarre file names I don’t know. I would use BonocoreSlickPart1.mp3 and BonocoreSlickPart2.mp3 etc…

Phil P
 
thanks again. btw does matt slick really have any business making a christian apologetics site if he, under his own admission, has not read the early christian writings
 
Matt Slick is doing what all of us Evangelicals want to do…
he is sharing the truth …
 
Mark Bonocore is awesome. I have an aquaintance who knows him well, and when I was stumped by a certain “traditionalist” argument (usually I can shoot them down with relative ease), he had Mark write me up an awesome answer. He’s legit. 👍
 
It would only strengthen his case.
yea right, bonocore would just shoot down all of his arguments just like we did to yours in the “did the ECF follow catholic doctrine?” thread, i mean no offence to you by this i’m just simply stating fact
 
yea right, bonocore would just shoot down all of his arguments just like we did to yours in the “did the ECF follow catholic doctrine?” thread, i mean no offence to you by this i’m just simply stating fact
Sadly, you glaze over the writing and truly believe what you stated above, instead of reading it…and knowing truth from dishonesty.
 
On the issue of mary remaining a virgin,matthew 1:21,i think that is quite self explanatory,and im catholic…

“but did not have marital relations 1 with her until she gave birth to a son, whom he named 2 Jesus”

Has anybody else here got comments on this,i didnt quite understand bonocores explaination?

Also…on the issue of peter being the rock,matt slick stated the difference between the word petros and patros?..if i pronounced it right?

Could somone help me on the issue of peter definately being the rock?

Im confused?
 
hey phil, thanks again. mark bonocore is doing great! btw, i hear that they are going to do a discussion on calvinism, would you post the mp3 for that as well when it is available?

it will be interesting to see mark’s justification for calling calvinism “semi arian:” doesn’t arianism have to do with the denial of the divinity of christ? how could this in anyway apply to calvinism? any ideas?
 
On the issue of mary remaining a virgin,matthew 1:21,i think that is quite self explanatory,and im catholic…

“but did not have marital relations 1 with her until she gave birth to a son, whom he named 2 Jesus”

Has anybody else here got comments on this,i didnt quite understand bonocores explaination?
“Until” doesn’t mean there was a change afterward. Read this:

Until:

It’s argued that Joseph “knew” Mary at some point because Matthew 1:25 reads, “And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son…” But, once again, language clouds the issue. “Until” is used to mean “up to that point, and with no intimations that things changed after that point.” Example, 2 Samuel 6:23 reads, “Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.” Would Protestants say she had children after the day of her death because the use of the word “unto” proves it? What about 1 Samuel 15:35? “And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.” I really doubt Samuel and Saul hooked up after his death, either! 1 Timothy 6:14 says, “That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.” What? After that it’s going to be one big orgy? I don’t think so! And the same goes for:
  • Genesis 8:7: "the raven “did not return *until *the waters were dried up” (the raven never returned even after the waters were dried up);
  • Deuteronomy 34:6: “and no one knows his [Moses’] grave *until *this day.” (Moses’ grave was never found)
  • Luke 1:80: “[St. John the Baptist] was in the deserts *until *the day of his manifestation to Israel.” (St. John stayed in the desert afterwards, too)
  • 1 Corinthians 15:25: “For He must reign *until *He has put all enemies under His feet” (Christ will reign forever and ever!)
  • 1 Timothy 4:13: “*until *I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine” (Trust me, St. Paul gave a lot of attention to doctrine after he came!)
  • Revelation 2:25-26: “But hold fast what you have *until *I come. And he who overcomes and keeps My works *until *the end, to him I will give power” (we should hold fast and obey even after Jesus returns)
    And there are more examples. See what Origen (A.D. 185-232) had to say about the use of the word “until” in his Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew. In this work, he refutes those who think “that the promise of the Saviour prescribes a limit of time to their not tasting of death, namely, that they will not taste of death “until” they see the Son of man coming in His own kingdom.” Read also what St. Jerome (A.D. 340-430) wrote on the same topic.
 
I have been listening for about 20 minutes and so far, they have only spent about 1 minute on Mary after instantly side tracking to every topic in the universe.
 
Yeah Part 4 is chaotic. I liked Parts 1 and 2 and saved those on my own site. Parts 3 and 4 tended to repeat previous things. Haven’t listened to Part 5 yet. Part 2 was more focused on the authority and sola scriptura issue.

I re-encoded Parts 1 and 2 down to 16 kbps and put on my audio page as one file. Hope Matt Slick won’t mind. 😃

Phil P
 
All I can hear whenever I listen to “debates” like this is Christianity self destructing.
 
Here is a link to the debates. Be careful surfing in this site as I did pick up a virus when I started digging around for other possible Catholic audio files. I was able to eliminate the virus with my anti-virus software.

odeo.com/channel/118653/view/1

Larry
 
Am I the only one that got a bit frustrated with Matt Slicks biggest argument being to say “No it isnt” or " I dont buy that for a minute" he used those over and over everytime he seemed to have no answer for marks points. I mean really no it isnt is not debating its argueing at about a 2nd grade level
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top