L
Little_Katie
Guest
Does the Church have any teachings regaurding marriage in Heaven? Does the sacrament continue?
I know there is a passage in Matthew if taken litteraly would seem to depict that marriage can not exist in Heaven.
I ask because this greatly disturbs me.
I have a very good and happy marriage and it breaks my heart to think it won’t continue in Heaven. My mind can’t comprihend Heaven as being a good place if I am not still my husband’s wife when I get there.
I understand that there is no need for creating children once in Heaven, but could it be possible at least from a spiritual end for marriage to still exist in Heaven, minus the marriage act and birthing of children?
I am just curious what the Church teaches. This is something that I am struggeling with right now.
I know there is a passage in Matthew if taken litteraly would seem to depict that marriage can not exist in Heaven.
I ask because this greatly disturbs me.
I have a very good and happy marriage and it breaks my heart to think it won’t continue in Heaven. My mind can’t comprihend Heaven as being a good place if I am not still my husband’s wife when I get there.
I understand that there is no need for creating children once in Heaven, but could it be possible at least from a spiritual end for marriage to still exist in Heaven, minus the marriage act and birthing of children?
I am just curious what the Church teaches. This is something that I am struggeling with right now.