Marriage in Heaven?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Little_Katie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy,
You speak with such authority. Do you realize, did you notice who the person is being quoted. It is the papal household preacher, the priest who gives homilies to the pope. He addresses the scripture to which you refer. Try reading his homily again.

We will have bodies in heaven. That is defined dogma going back to the original creed, a version of which you pray at every Mass. Jesus’s body rose from the dead and He took it to heaven. He did not leave it behind. This is a mystery. We do not completely understand it.
:(NO! i dont want it and I dont care who said it cause he is not God and it is not in the Bible and goes against the teachings of the Bible which i believe in more then man! PS David sang songs to Solomon what has that to do about the price of rice in China? Listen I can respect someone but I do not have to bow down to anyone as it is writen not to do that(Shadrack, Meshack, and Nebednego).This is my opinion and he has his.And i do believe in the resurection of the body and it is not a mystery 1st Thesolonians 4:13 You are Loved Nancy
 
Carefully reading Fr. Cantalamessa’s remarks (understanding that he is expressing his personal understanding, as he himself does not constitute the Magisterium of the Church), I get the distinct impression that he is saying that our relationship with our earthly spouse (or even as he admits, potentially spouses) does not end completely, but that the exclusive relationship between husband and wife that we have here on earth will be completely transformed.

I would contend that he also has not really logically rebutted the “objection of the seven brothers”, but simply** reasserted** his original statement.
I’d like to clarify that I do not intend to impugn the holiness or competence of Fr. Cantalamessa, but am just pointing out that this is his interpretation.
 
😊 🙂

“For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.”
-Mark 12:25
 
😊 🙂

“For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.”
-Mark 12:25
AMEN!AMEN! Here is another one (far and few in between) that does her homework YES!
Love to you Roselily Nancy:thumbsup:
 
AMEN!AMEN! Here is another one (far and few in between) that does her homework YES!
Love to you Roselily Nancy:thumbsup:
😊 🙂

Oh, dear Nancy,
When sometime I walked in the woods, in the field, see the trees, grass, flowers…my imagination just gone…
I dream beautiful wonderful heaven, Our Father’s kingdom coming,
I had seen myself like an angel, beautiful with a beauty not of earth, walking on the beautiful kingdom … and I do not know what else there was added to the beautiful visions and to the delight…and must be more and more beautiful delights there…
And there the Redeemer, kind and merciful. And there is no death there.
…
Do you have similar desire, Nancy?🙂
…
I thought that-
We Christians will be together for all eternity.🙂
 
😊 🙂

Oh, dear Nancy,
When sometime I walked in the woods, in the field, see the trees, grass, flowers…my imagination just gone…
I dream beautiful wonderful heaven, Our Father’s kingdom coming,
I had seen myself like an angel, beautiful with a beauty not of earth, walking on the beautiful kingdom … and I do not know what else there was added to the beautiful visions and to the delight…and must be more and more beautiful delights there…
And there the Redeemer, kind and merciful. And there is no death there.
…
Do you have similar desire, Nancy?🙂
…
I thought that-
We Christians will be together for all eternity.🙂
YES! to both those questions, I was very sick once and i came home from the hospital and was trying to sleep and i did not pass out I closed my eyesand left through my head and went through a very colorful tunnel and it was rather nice. As I came out of the water i noticed I was not wet and I talked to a man to the left of me and we talked eye to eye contact I could hear him and he could hear me and we didn’t have to move out mouths. The feeling was beyond explination, and i was not even wet. This man I saw had on a white gown and he was tall and thin and dark hair around 6’ or so. it was Jesus I think I askes if I had to go back and he said yes! and I started to cry. I realy want to be an angel cause man wii proberly defect all over again and I dont want to be on board next time I want to stay a angel, Dear Roselily you are loved Nancy
 
YES! to both those questions, I was very sick once and i came home from the hospital and was trying to sleep and i did not pass out I closed my eyesand left through my head and went through a very colorful tunnel and it was rather nice. As I came out of the water i noticed I was not wet and I talked to a man to the left of me and we talked eye to eye contact I could hear him and he could hear me and we didn’t have to move out mouths. The feeling was beyond explination, and i was not even wet. This man I saw had on a white gown and he was tall and thin and dark hair around 6’ or so. it was Jesus I think I askes if I had to go back and he said yes! and I started to cry. I **realy want to be an angel cause man wii proberly defect all over again and I dont want to be on board next time I want to stay a angel, ** Dear Roselily you are loved Nancy
You are denying the resurrection of the body by saying this. The resurrection of the body is in the creed!

Look, Mary was fully integrated body and soul- she was assumed BODY AND SOUL into heaven.You are not an angel, nor will you ever be one. You are not an animal, nor will you ever be one.

You are a human being.

The verse quoted before “being LIKE an angel” was simply to explain that there is no earthly like marriage in heaven. Angels don’t marry, so after death, we will be like them in that way. Thats all. He is in no way saying we will have no bodies.
 
You are denying the resurrection of the body by saying this. The resurrection of the body is in the creed!

Look, Mary was fully integrated body and soul- she was assumed BODY AND SOUL into heaven.You are not an angel, nor will you ever be one. You are not an animal, nor will you ever be one.

You are a human being.

The verse quoted before “being LIKE an angel” was simply to explain that there is no earthly like marriage in heaven. Angels don’t marry, so after death, we will be like them in that way. Thats all. He is in no way saying we will have no bodies.
OK But Jesus said i will wipe all tears from their eyes and death and hades will be no more also I will give you the desire of your heartses. so on that note I would or desire to be an angel b ecause I feel man will defect all over again. And then everyone suffered No thank You I will stay a door met in heaven but not a human ever again. I already talked to Father about it, that is what.We will have spiritual body’s like Christ did but not flesh as we know it now and no bones ETC I have already talked to Father about what i would like to be and do for him in the new world. God honors prayer. Love of Christ Nancy
 
OK But Jesus said i will wipe all tears from their eyes and death and hades will be no more also I will give you the desire of your heartses. so on that note I would or desire to be an angel b ecause I feel man will defect all over again. And then everyone suffered No thank You I will stay a door met in heaven but not a human ever again. I already talked to Father about it, that is what.We will have spiritual body’s like Christ did but not flesh as we know it now and no bones ETC I have already talked to Father about what i would like to be and do for him in the new world. God honors prayer. Love of Christ Nancy
Just because we desire something does not make it good for us.
Yes, we will have flesh and bones. They will be glorified bodies. What you are stating here is heresy. Please do some research.
 
Just because we desire something does not make it good for us.
Yes, we will have flesh and bones. They will be glorified bodies. What you are stating here is heresy. Please do some research.
NO! we will not have flesh and bones, for it cannot enter the kingdom of God. I will get scripture and be back tomorrow as i am beet and need to go to bed, Love to you all Nancy
 
from Catholic.com library catholic.com/library/Resurrection_of_the_Body.asp
The Bible tells us that when Jesus returns to earth, he will physically raise all those who have died, giving them back the bodies they lost at death.
These will be the same bodies people had in earthly life—but our resurrection bodies will not die and, for the righteous, they will be transformed into a glorified state, freed from suffering and pain, and enabled to do many of the amazing things Jesus could do with his glorified body (cf. 1 Cor. 15:35–44, 1 John 3:2).
The resurrection of the body is an essential Christian doctrine, as the apostle Paul declares: “*f the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised. If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished” (1 Cor. 15:13–18).
Because, as Paul tells us, the Christian faith cannot exist without this doctrine, it has been infallibly defined by the Church. It is included in the three infallible professions of faith—the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed—and has been solemnly, infallibly taught by ecumenical councils.
The Fourth Lateran Council (1215), infallibly defined that at the second coming Jesus “will judge the living and the dead, to render to every person according to his works, both to the reprobate and to the elect. All of them will rise with their own bodies*, which they now wear, so as to receive according to their deserts, whether these be good or bad [Rom. 2:6–11]” (constitution 1).
 
NO! we will not have flesh and bones, for it cannot enter the kingdom of God. I will get scripture and be back tomorrow as i am beet and need to go to bed, Love to you all Nancy
What?! Flesh and bones cannot enter the kingdom of God? (Where is that in the Bible, Tradition, or any other Church-approved source?) Then I guess Jesus and Mary aren’t in heaven because they have flesh and bones. True, it might not be the same flesh and bones as we know it (they will be GLORIFIED, RESURRECTED bodies) but as humans we have both body and soul. Like Agapewolf said, just because we desire something now doesn’t mean God will grant it. He will give us the desires of our hearts – desires that even we can’t understand right now, desires that are not contrary to Truth.

I admire your dreaming of heaven; it’s a wonderful way to live, but some of your ideas are just plain heresy. Angels have souls only, animals have bodies only. We as humans have body and soul. That’s the truth.

But I wish you all the best, St. Therese herself dreamed of heaven and her number one desire was always to be united with Jesus forever.
 
What?! Flesh and bones cannot enter the kingdom of God? (Where is that in the Bible, Tradition, or any other Church-approved source?) Then I guess Jesus and Mary aren’t in heaven because they have flesh and bones. True, it might not be the same flesh and bones as we know it (they will be GLORIFIED, RESURRECTED bodies) but as humans we have both body and soul. Like Agapewolf said, just because we desire something now doesn’t mean God will grant it. He will give us the desires of our hearts – desires that even we can’t understand right now, desires that are not contrary to Truth.

I admire your dreaming of heaven; it’s a wonderful way to live, but some of your ideas are just plain heresy. Angels have souls only, animals have bodies only. We as humans have body and soul. That’s the truth.

But I wish you all the best, St. Therese herself dreamed of heaven and her number one desire was always to be united with Jesus forever.
And i think all those who desier that Father will grant it to them. paul to wished to be absent fom the body and present with the Lord. I will find that in scriptures and get back to you.LOL Nancy 1ST Cor.15:50 Joan of ARC !
 
That verse is not saying that we will not have bodies in heaven. It is saying that we in our current (mortal) form are not fit for the glory of heaven, so we must pass through death that God might raise us up in our resurrected form which will still be flesh and blood, but immortal flesh and blood. I think you are taking this verse out of context.

Please just think about it. Do you really believe Jesus and Mary aren’t in heaven? That’s what you have to believe if you hold to your position. Jesus had a body after resurrection, the Bible says so. St. Thomas touched His wounds. Jesus ate a fish and asked them if a ghost could have done that. He told them He wasn’t a ghost. Then He ascended into Heaven, IN THAT FORM, flesh and blood and all. Same thing with Mary, the Church teaches that she was assumed into heaven body and soul.

What about the Eucharist? Body, Blood, soul, and divinity. How could we be eating and drinking Jesus’ flesh and blood if it no longer existed? Please answer these questions before saying anything more about your desires and God granting them to you.

What if I want my enemies dead? Is God going to give me that desire too?
 
That verse is not saying that we will not have bodies in heaven. It is saying that we in our current (mortal) form are not fit for the glory of heaven, so we must pass through death that God might raise us up in our resurrected form which will still be flesh and blood, but immortal flesh and blood. I think you are taking this verse out of context.

Please just think about it. Do you really believe Jesus and Mary aren’t in heaven? That’s what you have to believe if you hold to your position. Jesus had a body after resurrection, the Bible says so. St. Thomas touched His wounds. Jesus ate a fish and asked them if a ghost could have done that. He told them He wasn’t a ghost. Then He ascended into Heaven, IN THAT FORM, flesh and blood and all. Same thing with Mary, the Church teaches that she was assumed into heaven body and soul.

What about the Eucharist? Body, Blood, soul, and divinity. How could we be eating and drinking Jesus’ flesh and blood if it no longer existed? Please answer these questions before saying anything more about your desires and God granting them to you.

What if I want my enemies dead? Is God going to give me that desire too?
He will make your enemies your foot stool If Jesus was flesh and blood how did he walk through a wall with that solid form? I think there is alot more to transfiguration, I think even the cell structure changes ice is a liquid and a solid it can transform into a liquid and fit into a crack in the floor but in the solid substnce it cannot. Yet both are equal in it weight and volume.I have never said Jesus didnt ascend into heaven, or the saints But His body was not flesh and blood., If he was flesh and blood then that means when we die we go back to being who we were and have the same body and are flesh and blood all over again I do not want that and I pray to not have that cause someone will defect it will stsrt all over again. The angels had eternel life but they sinned without a body and came on to the woman on earth And I would like to know how they were able to have children???If they had sperm then why be angelic at all? AS I get older i see no more through rose colored glass, sorry. So tell me do all catholics believe we will all be flesh and blood someday? Better tell me know while i am ignorant to the church and dont waste to much time trying to figure it out, like I have been, and by the way there isnt a person able to teach Revelations from your church or why, never mind time to go.You go to heaven I’ll go to
 
ice is a liquid and a solid it can transform into a liquid and fit into a crack in the floor but in the solid substnce it cannot. Yet both are equal in it weight and volume.
Nitpick: Ice has a greater volume than the same mass of water. This makes it less dense, which is why it floats. 🤓
 
He will make your enemies your foot stool If Jesus was flesh and blood how did he walk through a wall with that solid form? I think there is alot more to transfiguration, I think even the cell structure changes ice is a liquid and a solid it can transform into a liquid and fit into a crack in the floor but in the solid substnce it cannot. Yet both are equal in it weight and volume.I have never said Jesus didnt ascend into heaven, or the saints But His body was not flesh and blood., If he was flesh and blood then that means when we die we go back to being who we were and have the same body and are flesh and blood all over again I do not want that and I pray to not have that cause someone will defect it will stsrt all over again. The angels had eternel life but they sinned without a body and came on to the woman on earth And I would like to know how they were able to have children???If they had sperm then why be angelic at all? AS I get older i see no more through rose colored glass, sorry. So tell me do all catholics believe we will all be flesh and blood someday? Better tell me know while i am ignorant to the church and dont waste to much time trying to figure it out, like I have been, and by the way there isnt a person able to teach Revelations from your church or why, never mind time to go.You go to heaven I’ll go to
If Jesus was flesh and blood how could He walk through a wall? Let’s not get stuck in what we know as reality. He was God. He can do anything. You are trying to explain to me with science, which is human and fallible. Heaven is beyond anything we know here and now. We can’t possibly know what it’s going to be like.

Just because Jesus had flesh and blood afer the resurrection does NOT mean we will have the “same” body as before. We will be resurrected bodies. Different. We won’t feel pain or suffering and we will have no disabilities. By the way in heaven no one can “defect” the body (do you mean sin?) because heaven is sin-free. You are adopting the Gnostic view that flesh and blood is evil and spirit is the only good. This was a heresy that cropped up in the Church during the first century. They stamped it out right away.

Some angels sinned, yes. My priest said that angels too were given a choice between following God and rejecting Him, but it was at the very beginning of time and all at once, so now whoever chose to follow God has perpetual eternal life and whoever chose to reject Him has become perpetually a demon. Considering my priest is also a Monsignor and has never led me astray before, I think I will trust him on this. You don’t have to have a body to sin.

As for the Nephilim, I don’t know much about them but they weren’t necessarily angels. Traditional interpretations range anywhere from hybrid offspring of men and angels to simply giant men. Because we don’t understand them well, they are not more than a minor point in theology. Did you hear about the sea monster mentioned in the Bible? Why aren’t they still around? likewise I think the Nephilim may need a less literal interpretation.

Please know that I am not trying to make you feel ignorant or insult you in any way. I am just trying to help you understand what is commonly accepted to be truth. Honestly, I’ve never seen a position like yours before among Catholics, not that I look that often but it’s new to me. So to answer your question, yes, most orthodox Catholics do believe in having flesh and blood in heaven.

Check out the Apostles’ Creed (which I am assuming you believe it true): “I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the RESURRECTION OF THE BODY, and life everlasting.” If you are confused as to how the Church defines that, look it up on a Catholic website.

I have one final word – a passage from Luke which takes place after the resurrection.
“While they were still speaking about this, he stood in their midst and said to them, ‘Peace be with you.’ But they were startled and terrified and thought that they were seeing a ghost. Then he said to them, ‘Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have.’ And as he said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. While they were still incredulous for joy and were amazed, he asked them, ‘Have you anything here to eat?’ They gave him a piece of baked fish; he took it and ate it in front of them.” (Luke 24:36-43, emphasis added)

Now tell me Jesus didn’t have a body…

And you never answered my question about the Eucharist. In another instance, Jesus feeds them the Eucharist again after His resurrection. His body and blood still obviously have to be present for the elements to transubstantiate.
 
Jesus said that heaven was like a wedding banquet. In His time, friends and relatives came from miles around to a wedding. They stayed for days, visiting with each other and being glad to see all the people they knew and loved. They laughed and were happy. Isn’t this why He said heaven is like a wedding banquet?
 
Jesus said that heaven was like a wedding banquet. In His time, friends and relatives came from miles around to a wedding. They stayed for days, visiting with each other and being glad to see all the people they knew and loved. They laughed and were happy. Isn’t this why He said heaven is like a wedding banquet?
No. The marriage of the lamb is what we are destined for…not celebrating our earthly marriage. There are many celibates in this life that have already directed their lives to the marriage of the lamb. The marriage on earth is only an icon that points to that.
 
Nitpick: Ice has a greater volume than the same mass of water. This makes it less dense, which is why it floats. 🤓
You are so sweet nit pick, to give me that information What weight’s more a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers? LOL Nancy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top