My son,
I find your insinuations offensive and in need of explanation…
You have a different perspective than SMGS127, and I think there are some interesting points you are bringing up in your conversation with her. However, there is no way she can hear these points, because your tone is quite rude, and you appear to be passive aggressive and outright aggressive at times.
I agree that we all have a different perspective. You state that my tone is rude and passive aggressive as well as outright aggressive. I ask you to explain how it is you can subjectively determine anything about any of this from what is written. I believe that this is offensive. I believe that you subjectively believe whatever is written is whatever it is you believe it to be and then project that as something that is relevant. Explain your methodology in discerning and insulting me.
I have taken creative writing classes and was destined for the creative writing school in Iowa prior to embarking on a career in science and I did a little research concerning the determination of what you call tone and the ability to discern anything as you say…see here…
community.write.com/topic/310-determining-an-authors-tone/
The irony of this topic is that the reader’s take on tone is subjective and is often interpreted individually.
Offer your methodology or retract the insult please.
Moreover, your writing here seems to suggest that SMGS127 has some duty to you to support all her views with documentation. She has no such duty. She can say things as she sees it, and does not deserve to be ridiculed if she chooses to do so. This is not a court of law, and you have no right to be outraged if she does not look at every link in a website you have posted.
I, as you should expect that anyone that states something as fact and offers advice should be able to support that fact as true with support prior to offering any advice. I find it odd that you are rescuing SMGS127, do you not? SMGS127 should be able to speak for SMG. Show me the ridicule. To ask anyone to answer a question is not to ridicule. To state an alternate point of view is not ridicule. Where do you see outrage. I never stated this. I stated sadness and grieving. You have read into this your subjective point of view.
The point I am making here, in microcosm, is one of the points of this thread. The Truth does not change, but our methods of expressing the truth do sometimes need to change. Alienating gay people is not a way to bring them to the Truth. I’m sure you would say that you love gay people and long for their conversion. Well, if that’s the case, then I suppose the first gay person you would show love to is the one right in front of you, no?
This is an enigma. What is it you are trying to say here? Who is gay? I am to know that or assume that and if so are you suggesting special treatment and consideration for someone that may or may not have an orientation I am not aware of nor care to know about. I have no need to know anyone’s sexual orientation unless they choose to tell me and even if they tell me that does not change my interaction. Are you suggesting special treatment?
But there is a gay person right in front of you, my brother. It’s SMGS127. What are you doing to show love to her?
I take issue with saying that someone that identifies as Catholic, a convert from Methodism, someone that says that they have experience in a gay community, someone that was baptized, a new creation, someone that was declared to be a child of God and now that they are…you want me to look at them, and see gay…are you kidding me?
Do you want me to look and see gay?
or
Do you want me to see a child of God?
What you once were, you no longer are, for don’t you know that we were baptized into Christ Jesus, buried with him and raised with him so that you may put on Christ and abandon what you once were for what you may now become…
help me out here, have I missed something?
For a little help let us look at a contemporary view of what I am trying to say…if you can imagine that Jesus was the Backstreet boys…listen to what he says about whatever it is you did, where you are from, and the only thing you have to do is love Him…how does this sound…
youtube.com/watch?v=8MIBELFORTk