Mary Magdalene is fed up

  • Thread starter Thread starter belovedandbless
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it drives the uptight girls at my Bible study nuts that a Catholic man would date someone like me, and that they cannot get a date to save their lives. All those months of judging and mocking me is slapping them in the face. All those people who judged you will get theirs eventually.
But the women at my bible study are really mean, I felt like I’m in a Catholic version of “Mean Girls” when I went there. It would be funny, because they would whine about how they couldn’t get a boyfriend, and then at the same time, insult everyone else. Hmmm… I wonder why no guy wants to date you.
this isnt funny at all. we women with ‘pasts’ ask for and receive Mercy from God for our sexual sins, yet prophesy with assurance that the mean girls will ‘eventually get theirs’…?

perhaps the self-righteous pot shouldnt call the sanctimonious kettle black.
 
this isnt funny at all. we women with ‘pasts’ ask for and receive Mercy from God for our sexual sins, yet prophesy with assurance that the mean girls will ‘eventually get theirs’…?

perhaps the self-righteous pot shouldnt call the sanctimonious kettle black.
this is kinda what I was thinking too. Some women at church are bitchy to me too, but I just tell myself that I don’t know them very well, so don’t judge b/c they may just be shy or have a stand-offish personality.
 
this isnt funny at all. we women with ‘pasts’ ask for and receive Mercy from God for our sexual sins, yet prophesy with assurance that the mean girls will ‘eventually get theirs’…?

perhaps the self-righteous pot shouldnt call the sanctimonious kettle black.
I think that the Lord was pretty hard on those who felt their religious observance gave them carte blanche to “look down on the sinners,” as well. He did not predict their way into heaven would be easy. That wasn’t an artificial penalty and it wasn’t schadenfreude. That is the way reality works. Nasty people have a nasty hard time getting into the realm of love…and in the long run, that is almost as true of eros as it is of agape.

Look again: “…it drives the uptight girls at my Bible study nuts that a Catholic man would date someone like me, and that they cannot get a date to save their lives…”
What kind of Bible study has anyone in it who is made to feel like “someone like me”?
Not the kind that is full of girls that you want your brother to bring home to your parents.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top