Mary Research

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChurchSoldier
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but doesn’t my point sort of invalidate your earlier logic that Mary had to be sinless in order for Christ to be sinless? I mean, why couldn’t Jesus have simply been made immaculate upon His own conception, why did He require His mother to be so?
Well, there is a special kind of connection between a mother and her unborn son,
for if Mary was TRULY the Mother of Jesus then Jesus would have part of Mary in
him, so in order to be born sinless, Mary would have to be sinless.

I don’t think God simply used
Mary like a surrogate mother.
 
From what I see Marion Doctrine relies on the interpretation of the word “grace” from the Greek into English and then a lot of the early Fathers / Writers said “we all honor her”. I’m not saying she doesn’t deserve honor but I am not understanding the degree and fervency of it.
I don’t think anyone can understand the degree and fervency until they fully grasp the worship in the Eucharist. We do not eat the body or drink the blood of any other being because of due worship to Jesus/God. This is why I tell people not to limit my honor of Mary because of their understanding of their worship of God.

Peace!!!
 
Post #34.
Ah, silly me, great answer thanks for that!
Judas Thaddeus:
Well, there is a special kind of connection between a mother and her unborn son,
for if Mary was TRULY the Mother of Jesus then Jesus would have part of Mary in
him, so in order to be born sinless, Mary would have to be sinless.

I don’t think God simply used
Mary like a surrogate mother.
Another great answer, thanks!
 
From what I see Marion Doctrine relies on the interpretation of the word "grace" from the Greek into English and then a lot of the early Fathers / Writers said “we all honor her”. I’m not saying she doesn’t deserve honor but I am not understanding the degree and fervency of it.
While this isn’t the be all to end all explanation, we can see the Greek & the tense of the word for graced in Luke 1:28,

kecharitomene (perfect tense, passive voice for graced) iow, Mary’s state of grace began in the past, by a completed action (fully accomplished), whose results continue, and she is graced without her doing anything for it. Mary received this grace-title freely from the source of all grace…God.

Greek Perfecttense

scroll up the page for an explanation of passive voice.
CS:
It’s not that I am anti-Mary I’m not. I think a lot of Protestants don’t experience their faith as fully as they can due to rejection of her simply because** “she’s Catholic”**. At the same time I’m just looking for deeper research than interpretation of a word and building around it to create what I see practiced.
She’s the 1st Catholic 🙂

For depth, I refer you back to the youtube video I gave you with all the scripture references OT & NT for Mary

Consider

In Rev 12: 17 Then the dragon was angry with the woman,c] and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus.

I can’t speak for anyone else but myself, but as (Rev12:17 above shows) as a Catholic I see myself as one of Mary’s offspring. And I defend my mother. Being transparent, even if scripture didn’t call Mary our Mother, it’s just plain dumb for anyone to attack Our Lord’s mother…right?

As a Catholic I know (Ref: Rev 12:17 above) that bearing witness and testimony to Jesus can’t be just a said testimony. Said testimony is like a said faith. As James says it’s dead James 2:17.] . Therefore, I also have to DO what Jesus commands. That includes being in, and ramaining in, and following the Catholic Church, His Church that He suffered and died for.
 
For depth, I refer you back to the youtube video I gave you with all the scripture references OT & NT for Mary
ChurchSoldier,

I just realized you weren’t the one I gave the video to. Here it is This only takes 11 minutes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top