Mary said no!

  • Thread starter Thread starter corrgc
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel didn’t ask her if she would do this, he told her that she would, I think that she would have had as much chance to say “no” as Jonah did when God “asked him” to preach to Ninivah.
God did not take a " no " as an answer there, and I don’t think that he would have taken it here either.

Luke 1: 30-33
Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus.
He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father,
and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”
Are you telling me that God forced Mary to conceive Jesus - that she didn’t have any choice in the matter? I most vehemently disagree. In fact, I find this notion utterly repugnant…
 
I am not saying that he forced her, Mary was full of grace so she wouldn’t have said no, if she had said no, then she would not have been full of grace.

Jonah didn’t want to preach to Nineveh, but God prodded him to do it.
Moses didn’t want to speak to the Pharaoh because of a speech impediment, so God worked with him by allowing Aaron to speak.
If Mary had said no, I am sure that God would have given her options like he did Moses.

I was just saying that it was not posed as a question to her whether she wanted to do this or not, If she would have been not inclined to do this, God would have done what ever was needed for her to say yes.

I do not think that Mary was just a vessel that God used, that if she said no that he would have just used someone else.
I think that Mary is the only woman who God would have be the mother of God. God choose her. God never forces anyone, we all have free will, but I believe that sometimes he works with us, so we willl choose his will.
 
I am not saying that he forced her, Mary was full of grace so she wouldn’t have said no, if she had said no, then she would not have been full of grace.

Jonah didn’t want to preach to Nineveh, but God prodded him to do it.
Moses didn’t want to speak to the Pharaoh because of a speech impediment, so God worked with him by allowing Aaron to speak.
If Mary had said no, I am sure that God would have given her options like he did Moses.

I was just saying that it was not posed as a question to her whether she wanted to do this or not, If she would have been not inclined to do this, God would have done what ever was needed for her to say yes.

I do not think that Mary was just a vessel that God used, that if she said no that he would have just used someone else.
I think that Mary is the only woman who God would have be the mother of God. God choose her. God never forces anyone, we all have free will, but I believe that sometimes he works with us, so we willl choose his will.
Ok! That sounds a bit better.
 
Lol

Mary : No, i don’t want to!

God: Well… DANG-IT!!!

(shows a chart of the death and famine and sin in the world as increasing substantially over the next 2000 years)

🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top