Mary's intercession

  • Thread starter Thread starter exiled
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

exiled

Guest
I have a really quick question, and it may mean nothing, but here goes.
I’ve read many, many times the protestant arguement that “Scripture says” Christ is our only intercessor, but I believe that means Christ is our only intercessor to God the Father.
Our asking for the Blessed Mother to intercede for us to God the Son in no way violates that Biblical exhortation.
Thoughts?
 
What the Scriptures say is:
1Tim.2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
Heb.9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred which redeems them from the transgressions under the first covenant.
Heb.12:24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks more graciously than the blood of Abel.
Jesus is the one mediator of the new covenant in his blood, not the only person who can intercede with the Father in intercessory prayer. If that were the case, no one could pray the Our Father (Lord’s Prayer), could they?

Mary’s intercession is like that of all of us, she prays for us as we pray for one another. Of course, her prayers are perfectly in line with God’s will–because she is alive in heaven with the Lord, whereas ours are often tainted with self interest.
 
Mary’s intercession, like the intercession of all Christians, is “through Him (Jesus Christ), with Him, and in Him,” as the priest says at the end of the Eucharistic Prayer at Mass.
 
What the Scriptures say is:
Jesus is the one mediator of the new covenant in his blood, not the only person who can intercede with the Father in intercessory prayer. If that were the case, no one could pray the Our Father (Lord’s Prayer), could they?
.
Good point, I never thought about it. 🙂

Thanks!
 
I have a really quick question, and it may mean nothing, but here goes.
I’ve read many, many times the protestant arguement that “Scripture says” Christ is our only intercessor, but I believe that means Christ is our only intercessor to God the Father.
Our asking for the Blessed Mother to intercede for us to God the Son in no way violates that Biblical exhortation.
Thoughts?
Yes!

Just like when we go out and witness our testimony in Jesus Christ, we are in a way interceding on belhalf of Jesus, but only through Jesus are we and others able have that relationship with God, Jesus intercedes for us.

I am not sure if i worded that well or not but in a nutshell just like we can ask Mary to intercede on our behalf I believe we are a valuable tool too that can intercede on ones behalf but this does not take away from the intercesion between Jesus and God the Father.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top