M
Magnavox
Guest
What am I to do when all I want to do is live for God and be as good as Catholic as I can be, yet when I go to Mass I get so irritated at the stuff going on. It seems the people there either are ignorant of what they are doing or just don’t care. I try not to find something wrong with everything but its hard to do!
(1) During the Lords prayer people nearly get knocked out because people with their arms spread out and their hands in your face.
(2) When the priest says “The Lord be with you”…watch out for the people behind you shoving you forward with their arms “and also with you”…
(3) When the deacon reads the gospel, “The Lord be with you”…everyone shoving their arms toward him “and also with you” … sigh
(4) Priest wearing his stole on the outside of his alb…no chasuble at all…
(5) During the prayers over the gifts…“Blessed are you Lord God of all creation, through your goodness we have this bread and wine to offer…” Not single, but both at same time.
I wanted to be a Catholic because I was always so interested in their oneness and their loyalty to the truth. What is going on!?!? Does anyone care anymore? I know we are not going to church because of the people or the priest or whoever, but its hard to try and go and worship God with all the illicit stuff going on around me.
Advice on what I should do to change my thinking? Should I just ignore everyone else, even with their arms spread wide in my face, and the hand holding, etc.
I know this topic has been worn out, but I get so disgusted with seeing all these supposed loyal people doing this irritating stuff.
(1) During the Lords prayer people nearly get knocked out because people with their arms spread out and their hands in your face.
(2) When the priest says “The Lord be with you”…watch out for the people behind you shoving you forward with their arms “and also with you”…
(3) When the deacon reads the gospel, “The Lord be with you”…everyone shoving their arms toward him “and also with you” … sigh
(4) Priest wearing his stole on the outside of his alb…no chasuble at all…
(5) During the prayers over the gifts…“Blessed are you Lord God of all creation, through your goodness we have this bread and wine to offer…” Not single, but both at same time.
I wanted to be a Catholic because I was always so interested in their oneness and their loyalty to the truth. What is going on!?!? Does anyone care anymore? I know we are not going to church because of the people or the priest or whoever, but its hard to try and go and worship God with all the illicit stuff going on around me.
Advice on what I should do to change my thinking? Should I just ignore everyone else, even with their arms spread wide in my face, and the hand holding, etc.
I know this topic has been worn out, but I get so disgusted with seeing all these supposed loyal people doing this irritating stuff.
