Mass for Archbishop!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Whitacre_Girl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whitacre_Girl

Guest
:eek:

Turns out my priest called and left a message on my phone this morning. Apparently the archbishop is coming to our tiny little parish for a meeting or something and will be attending mass in April. Well, apparently I was his pick to cantor for that mass. I am going to be meeting with him next week to go over it tak about music at our parish in general. Major nerves here! haha

But, It looks like the day is going to be on a weekday, so I get the day off from classes to do this! haha
 
:eek:

Turns out my priest called and left a message on my phone this morning. Apparently the archbishop is coming to our tiny little parish for a meeting or something and will be attending mass in April. Well, apparently I was his pick to cantor for that mass. I am going to be meeting with him next week to go over it tak about music at our parish in general. Major nerves here! haha

But, It looks like the day is going to be on a weekday, so I get the day off from classes to do this! haha
While he may be the archbishop, just remember he is also a priest and the focus of the Mass is Christ and not the priest (or bishop). Our bishop comes to celebrate Mass at our parish several times a year. The only big difference is that we have to have his approval about 2 weeks ahead of time for all the music or if something special is going to happen at that Mass. For example is the Mass is for a dedication of something or to honor someone or for a parish anniversary. Other than that it is Mass as usual. Relax.
 
I think that someone from the Bishop’s office, often his secretary or the Director of Worship, usually contacts the parish and helps them plan the mass.
 
While he may be the archbishop, just remember he is also a priest and the focus of the Mass is Christ and not the priest (or bishop). Our bishop comes to celebrate Mass at our parish several times a year. The only big difference is that we have to have his approval about 2 weeks ahead of time for all the music or if something special is going to happen at that Mass. For example is the Mass is for a dedication of something or to honor someone or for a parish anniversary. Other than that it is Mass as usual. Relax.
That’s awesome that he visits. I don’t think the Archbishop has ever visited since I started going to our parish.

I totally agree that the focus isn’t the people there, but Christ…but the people there (given who is there, it’s bound to be packed too…) sure makes me a little nervous…haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top