Mass Intention for non-catholic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter corrgc
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

corrgc

Guest
Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ,

Is there an official canon law against offerring a Mass Intention for a non-catholic?

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely in Christ,

Corrgc
 
Sorry I don’t know canon law, but I greatly doubt that it is forbidden to say Mass for those who aren’t Catholic. Surely Mass could be offered for government officials, even those who aren’t Catholic, or for someone’s conversion, or for the repose of the soul of someone who isn’t Catholic.
 
Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ,

Is there an official canon law against offerring a Mass Intention for a non-catholic?

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely in Christ,

Corrgc
You may certainly offer a Mass for a non-Catholic. If I’m not sure that they would appreciate it, I don’t let them know. In one case I asked my friend if she’d be offended if I had a Mass offered for her mom who was Anglican. This was her response: “Having a mass celebrated for her would be nice. Now that she’s in heaven, she’ll be able to see that the Roman Catholics are there too with the Anglicans, hand in hand.”

Ok, I know, we don’t assume she’s in heaven but I thought the sentiment was nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top