M
milkbar
Guest
Per FrDavid’s request that I start a new thread with these questions, my post from the raising hands thread:
Re: communion services – I see these in my parish bulletin but I am not able to go to weekday Masses, so I don’t know what they are. Does it mean it’s not actually a Mass if it’s called that because the priest is not there? And if the priest is not there, how is the consecration performed? This is not something a parish should allow?
The sign of peace question was in reference to someone implying it was not right for the priest to shake hands with people in the front. I’m wondering what exactly makes that wrong–is that not the proper sign of peace (is my parish doing yet another thing incorrectly), or is the priest just not supposed to participate in that, and if not, then why?Also, re: the sign of peace – why should the priest not participate? Is the sign of peace not shaking hands? Is it actually something else I’ve never seen before?