Mass Offerings and Cards without sending cards

  • Thread starter Thread starter jen23il
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jen23il

Guest
I’m hoping some others can help me. Has anyone run into this predicament where you have a friend where you’ve lost touch with and I mean completely, don’t have their email, phone, address nothing. Or the loss of your spouse, child, etc and you want to offer a mass for them at their birthdays or holidays.

I have a few people I’d like to offer masses up for in lieu of gifts or cards as they are passed or I don’t have their contact info to send anything to.
Since I can’t send them gifts/cards, but I always think of them and are praying for them, I thought about doing mass cards, my main interest is to have masses said for them for their birthday and mothers/father’s day, but I don’t need the cards that come with that.

Here is my questions:
Actually I don’t know if when you offer a mass if you get a card as I’ve never done one before. Do you always get a card? And if so what do you do with it if you can’t send it? Is there some other way you can honor them/ hold them up for prayer other than mass offerings?

Any help would be wonderful, thank you.

Jennifer
 
…Here is my questions:
Actually I don’t know if when you offer a mass if you get a card as I’ve never done one before. Do you always get a card? And if so what do you do with it if you can’t send it? Is there some other way you can honor them/ hold them up for prayer other than mass offerings?

Any help would be wonderful, thank you.

Jennifer
I’ve always been offered a card, though when I haven’t needed it (i.e, no known surviving relatives to send it to, having a Mass said for a fallen away Catholic who is openly hostile to the Faith, etc.), I’ve declined the card to save the Church a little bit of money.

You can just pray for the individual in general, though having a Mass said for them or their intentions, is a lovely way to do that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top