N
newcalling
Guest
Today is my first day missing Sunday mass since deciding to join the church in November. My best friend is sick, and we live an hour from the nearest parish. I don’t drive.
My catechism teachers have said that Catholics have an obligation to attend Sunday mass every week. My questions:
I might have a mild version of the terrible cold he has, but I think that I would have gone to mass if I could have. Am I validly excused?
If we watch mass on EWTN and say the prayers, did we meet the obligation? What about a radio mass?
We’re not confirmed yet, so we can’t take Eucharist either way. We are acting as if we are under the obligation to attend already, even though I don’t think that we absolutely have to until confirmation. Is it a mortal sin for us to miss it?
We love going to mass, and we love the parish priest. We will miss hearing his homily this week, even though we will hear one on television. The week won’t feel the same.
Anything else I should know about mass or missing Sunday mass?
My catechism teachers have said that Catholics have an obligation to attend Sunday mass every week. My questions:
I might have a mild version of the terrible cold he has, but I think that I would have gone to mass if I could have. Am I validly excused?
If we watch mass on EWTN and say the prayers, did we meet the obligation? What about a radio mass?
We’re not confirmed yet, so we can’t take Eucharist either way. We are acting as if we are under the obligation to attend already, even though I don’t think that we absolutely have to until confirmation. Is it a mortal sin for us to miss it?
We love going to mass, and we love the parish priest. We will miss hearing his homily this week, even though we will hear one on television. The week won’t feel the same.
Anything else I should know about mass or missing Sunday mass?