P
PatienceAndLove
Guest
Hello ladies and gentleman!
It has been a long while since I posted, but I have been lurking!
My little sister is getting married in June (huzzah and facilitations!) and has asked me to cantor the Mass. In addition to cantoring, I will also be singing Pie Jesu, Shubert’s Ave Maria, and Panis Angelicus. For those songs, I will be accompanied by the string quartet she has hired.
My “issue” is the setting of the Mass itself. Since I have cantored and sung in quite a few Masses, I have a feel for a lot of settings. My sister, however, does not and is totally confused as to what setting she should pick. We discussed that common choices like the Celtic Alleluia don’t seem to fit with the Latin and strings. I may or may not have a pianist, so I am leaning towards a chanted Mass setting. Thus far I have looking into A Community Mass and Simple Mass. Any other Mass setting suggestions? (links to videos or audio samples would be amazingly helpful!)
Oh- and if anyone knows where I can get the sheet music for the Simple Mass, I would be eternally greatful.
It has been a long while since I posted, but I have been lurking!
My little sister is getting married in June (huzzah and facilitations!) and has asked me to cantor the Mass. In addition to cantoring, I will also be singing Pie Jesu, Shubert’s Ave Maria, and Panis Angelicus. For those songs, I will be accompanied by the string quartet she has hired.
My “issue” is the setting of the Mass itself. Since I have cantored and sung in quite a few Masses, I have a feel for a lot of settings. My sister, however, does not and is totally confused as to what setting she should pick. We discussed that common choices like the Celtic Alleluia don’t seem to fit with the Latin and strings. I may or may not have a pianist, so I am leaning towards a chanted Mass setting. Thus far I have looking into A Community Mass and Simple Mass. Any other Mass setting suggestions? (links to videos or audio samples would be amazingly helpful!)
Oh- and if anyone knows where I can get the sheet music for the Simple Mass, I would be eternally greatful.