J
James224
Guest
I was talking with a friend of mine about this verse and we came up with this: Matt 24:28 says, “Wheresoever the body shall be, there shall the eagles also be gathered together.” Now, the KJV says, “For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.” The Haydock Commentary says the “Body” is referring to Christ and the “Eagles” refers to the angels and saints who will swiftly join Christ at the place of judgement. St. Hilary understands this literally; that where his body shall hang upon the cross, there will he appear in judgment, i.e. near the valley of Josaphat; in which place the prophet Joel (chap. iii. ver. 2,) declares, that the general judgment shall take place. So Hilary believed that the judgement will begin with Christ appearing on the exact spot where He died on the cross. Joel 3:2 says, “I will gather together all nations and will bring them down into the valley of Josaphat: and I will plead with them there for my people, and for my inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and have parted my land.”
I have to say that I see the Eucharist in this. I understand that eagles eat ONLY living flesh, whereas, vultures eat only dead flesh. In this verse, the eagles gather around Christ on the cross and this same bloody sacrifice is what is offered on the altar at every Mass - Living Flesh!
I almost forgot, if the Judgement begins at the place of the cross, this seems to destroy the idea of the Rapture.
What do you think?
I have to say that I see the Eucharist in this. I understand that eagles eat ONLY living flesh, whereas, vultures eat only dead flesh. In this verse, the eagles gather around Christ on the cross and this same bloody sacrifice is what is offered on the altar at every Mass - Living Flesh!
I almost forgot, if the Judgement begins at the place of the cross, this seems to destroy the idea of the Rapture.
What do you think?