Maundy Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
What do you do on Maundy Thursday to prepare for Good Friday apart from going to mass?

I am hoping to do more this Easter but not sure what.
 
Sorry, I just reread your entire post. I was going to mention the Mass…
 
Usually after the evening Mass on Maundy Thursday, parishes will have adoration of the Blessed Sacrament until midnight. If you can attend all or part of this, it is a very good opportunity to meditate on the beginning of the Lord’s Passion - the agony in the garden, the arrest and trial of Jesus, Peter’s denials, etc. Then go home with your car radio off, don’t turn on the TV, and go to bed without a pillow. Just a few ideas.
 
We go to Mass, and afterward we have lamb for dinner. Sort of a quasi-seder meal, lamb and unleavened bread. Either at home or out with friends.

For me the days of Easter are the biggest days of the year. I take off work from Thursday through Easter Monday, and we go to Mass every day.

~Liza
 
What do you do on Maundy Thursday to prepare for Good Friday apart from going to mass?

I am hoping to do more this Easter but not sure what.
After the Maundy Thursday adoration and Last supper dinner, we had, and continues to this day, a tradition in the Philippines of visiting 7 parishes to adore/pray for a few minutes in each parish.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top