May 21, 2011

  • Thread starter Thread starter campbellsc2003
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

campbellsc2003

Guest
I see them standing on the sides of roads with their signs saying that the end is coming soon. I’ve gone to their website in hopes that I might have some disernment of whether or not these people are truely speaking for Jesus. I’m even more confused now than when I started…help. Is this prophesy biblically sound? Or should it just be a reminder for all of us to live everyday as if Jesus is coming back today? Here is a link to their website [/http://www.wecanknow.com/ I really hope someone can clarify this for me. Thanks for your time and love :)I]
 
I see them standing on the sides of roads with their signs saying that the end is coming soon. I’ve gone to their website in hopes that I might have some disernment of whether or not these people are truely speaking for Jesus. I’m even more confused now than when I started…help. Is this prophesy biblically sound? Or should it just be a reminder for all of us to live everyday as if Jesus is coming back today? Here is a link to their website [/http://www.wecanknow.com/ I really hope someone can clarify this for me. Thanks for your time and love :)I]
Many Many years ago, I found Harold Camping’s insight enlightening. Now… I find him “less than credible.” This is actually the second time he has predicted “end of world” events. The first time he predicted that the 2nd coming would happen in September 1994. Now he claims that he miscalculated and the new date will be the one that you listed.

If he is indeed enlightened by God, then I think that the world would have ended as he originally predicted back in 1994. However, since we are all still here, I’d say that his understanding of the divine and the future, is rather lacking. Either way, I will continue to plan for a summer vacation this year. 😃
 
I see them standing on the sides of roads with their signs saying that the end is coming soon. I’ve gone to their website in hopes that I might have some disernment of whether or not these people are truely speaking for Jesus. I’m even more confused now than when I started…help. Is this prophesy biblically sound? Or should it just be a reminder for all of us to live everyday as if Jesus is coming back today? Here is a link to their website [/http://www.wecanknow.com/ I really hope someone can clarify this for me. Thanks for your time and love :)I]

Jesus said in Matthew 24:36 that no one knows the time of the second coming, not the angels, not even the Son of God, but only the Father knows. So no, this prophesy is not biblically sound. Anyone who tries to predict the future by using passages from the Bible is in grave mortal sin just the same as if s/he was using tarot cards or ouija boards. We are not meant to know! And you’re right, we should all live as if he’s coming back today.
 
I see them standing on the sides of roads with their signs saying that the end is coming soon. I’ve gone to their website in hopes that I might have some disernment of whether or not these people are truely speaking for Jesus. I’m even more confused now than when I started…help. Is this prophesy biblically sound? Or should it just be a reminder for all of us to live everyday as if Jesus is coming back today? Here is a link to their website [/http://www.wecanknow.com/ I really hope someone can clarify this for me. Thanks for your time and love :)I]

Don’t you worry your pretty little head about these people; they are prime examples of why we are warned against self-interpertation of scripture. This is really their date for the “Rapture” and there is no such thing. May 22, 2011 will be a bright and beautiful gift from God, make reservations at your favorite restaurant for that evening, and enjoy!
 
They are predicting the end of the world in four months yet according to the website, they are still accepting donations and planning mission trips.
 
I see them standing on the sides of roads with their signs saying that the end is coming soon. I’ve gone to their website in hopes that I might have some disernment of whether or not these people are truely speaking for Jesus. I’m even more confused now than when I started…help. Is this prophesy biblically sound? Or should it just be a reminder for all of us to live everyday as if Jesus is coming back today? Here is a link to their website [/http://www.wecanknow.com/ I really hope someone can clarify this for me. Thanks for your time and love :)I]

Tietjan is right. This is put out by the Bible Answer Man - Harold Camping. He has some strange beliefs such as we shouldn’t go to any church, etc. This prophecy is not sound.
 
I see them standing on the sides of roads with their signs saying that the end is coming soon. I’ve gone to their website in hopes that I might have some disernment of whether or not these people are truely speaking for Jesus. I’m even more confused now than when I started…help. Is this prophesy biblically sound? Or should it just be a reminder for all of us to live everyday as if Jesus is coming back today? Here is a link to their website [/http://www.wecanknow.com/ I really hope someone can clarify this for me. Thanks for your time and love :)I]

Ignore all these crazy predictions.

The end is not coming on May 21, 2011 or December 22, 2012!
 
Thankyou everyone for replying, it has eased my mind. I did think of the verse in the Gospel of Matthew about no one knows the date of his return. But they had an answer for that arguement too. I guess this brings me to another question: Should someone tell them about the truth? Or do they have their minds and hearts so set on this that they wouldn’t listen? I feel so bad for them if they are putting themselves in mortal sin. IDK what do you think?
 
Thankyou everyone for replying, it has eased my mind. I did think of the verse in the Gospel of Matthew about no one knows the date of his return. But they had an answer for that arguement too. I guess this brings me to another question: Should someone tell them about the truth? Or do they have their minds and hearts so set on this that they wouldn’t listen? I feel so bad for them if they are putting themselves in mortal sin. IDK what do you think?
Very simple. Talk to them on May 22, 2011 and ask them why they are still there?
 
Jesus said in Matthew 24:36 that no one knows the time of the second coming, not the angels, not even the Son of God, but only the Father knows. So no, this prophesy is not biblically sound. Anyone who tries to predict the future by using passages from the Bible is in grave mortal sin just the same as if s/he was using tarot cards or ouija boards. We are not meant to know! And you’re right, we should all live as if he’s coming back today.
This kind of information reminds me of the biblical passages on the sins of the 12 spies -that is, the giving of false information to stir up fear. Proverbs 18:21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. Out of 12 spies, ten of them spoke derogatorily about the land, which had sealed their fate. The 10 spies died in the desert. Joshua and Caleb, are the only two of the spies who had disagreed with the report - they entered into the promise land. Numbers 14:1 tells us the people’s reaction to this news: “The people wept that night.” (Numbers 14:17–18,Numbers 14:20–30 and Numbers 14:32-34 and 36-38) God pardoned - but also swore that none of the 10 tribes (that generation) would enter into the promise land - like Moses.
 
Very simple. Talk to them on May 22, 2011 and ask them why they are still there?
I agree 😊 but you know their trying to coincide the end with Pentecost - did the third temple ever get built?:doh2:…
 
Christ is the new temple.
Yes, I know…and all kidding aside and according to revelation and prophecy the third temple is or will be built. The date that the original poster listed is circled around a couple of thoughts. First, Pentecost and the 2nd was that every empire has never exceeded the 400 - 500 year mark, see “How long did the empires of ancient civilizations last?”
  • so are these people marking the end of times in the same way ? What happened to the prophecy in Ezekiel or in Daniel? I mean look at prophecy outside the scope of the bible Saint Malachy (and LINK) How should they take prophecies that are outside the scope of the bible?
 
Yes, I know…and all kidding aside and according to revelation and prophecy the third temple is or will be built. The date that the original poster listed is circled around a couple of thoughts. First, Pentecost and the 2nd was that every empire has never exceeded the 400 - 500 year mark, see “How long did the empires of ancient civilizations last?”
  • so are these people marking the end of times in the same way ? What happened to the prophecy in Ezekiel or in Daniel? I mean look at prophecy outside the scope of the bible Saint Malachy (and LINK) How should they take prophecies that are outside the scope of the bible?
The Malachy prophecies are considered to be forgeries written long after Malachy was dead.

Also, only God knows when the end of days will come. Anybody who thinks or says they know is trying to equate themselves to God and should be ignored.
Jesus himself told people not to look for signs.
 
Thankyou everyone for replying, it has eased my mind. I did think of the verse in the Gospel of Matthew about no one knows the date of his return. But they had an answer for that arguement too. I guess this brings me to another question: Should someone tell them about the truth? Or do they have their minds and hearts so set on this that they wouldn’t listen? I feel so bad for them if they are putting themselves in mortal sin. IDK what do you think?
Maybe their leader is putting himself to mortal sin. Everyone else is blissful ignorance :rolleyes:
 
Jesus said in Matthew 24:36 that no one knows the time of the second coming, not the angels, not even the Son of God, but only the Father knows. So no, this prophesy is not biblically sound. Anyone who tries to predict the future by using passages from the Bible is in grave mortal sin just the same as if s/he was using tarot cards or ouija boards. We are not meant to know! And you’re right, we should all live as if he’s coming back today.
You have to read all the Bible not just one or two verses.

Churches never mention these verses that state the believers will know more than the unbelierve*rs like when christ will return, ask your minister what these verses mean! I am sure that he will not have an answer.

1 Thessaloni*ans 5:
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Amos 3:7
Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
 
Ignore all these crazy predictions.

The end is not coming on May 21, 2011 or December 22, 2012!
2 Peter, Chapter 3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
 
You have to read all the Bible not just one or two verses.

Churches never mention these verses that state the believers will know more than the unbelierve*rs like when christ will return, ask your minister what these verses mean! I am sure that he will not have an answer.

1 Thessaloni*ans 5:
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Amos 3:7
Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
I thought this verse prohibted alcohol. or can you put multiple means on one verse?
Quite simply this is an exhortation to the belivers to stay sinless. There is nothing in these verses to imply one will know the day.
 
2 Peter, Chapter 3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
And how do these scoffers come to be?
By people putting out false dates. Remember the JW movement and the SDA came about from a false date.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top